TRR LAKER 15' 5'' A (aka Barracuda) | Page 4 | SouthernPaddler.com

TRR LAKER 15' 5'' A (aka Barracuda)

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
tx river rat said:
It is hard to tell an old customer and usually a friend no when he is broke down and hurting.
Friend Ron,

I figger ya gotta move off if ya aim ta hang up yer torch. After we tole folks here that we wuz strikin' out fer Carolina, folks didnt come round much, but by 'n by they figgered out that we aint left yet. I know what ya mean bout "no".

Mebbe if we changed our names? I always wanted a high class one....like Jack Duvall. Sometimes I go by Blind Willie Jefferson.....lead picker in The Arthritics. [We dont play much these days cuz the singer caint recall the words 'n the bass player nods off round 8:30.....no drugs, jest wore out.]

regards
bearridge

The nearest thing to eternal life we will ever see on this earth is a government program. Ronald Reagan

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Jack
I put three layers of 4 mm for the combing without the lip for the skirt.
I didn't want to hang a finger when I was digging pretty hard with a paddle.
Bear
I did move for a couple years but they done found out I am back.
Got a few minutes ran another coat on the bottom of the boat.
Ron

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
got a little more done on the boat ,pic of combing

IM002092.jpg

IM002093.jpg

need a little more sanding and one more coat then she wil be ready for the black on the bottom

IM002094.jpg

IM002095.jpg

Ron

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
JD
If all goes well I will find out this weekend if she is what I want, I really like the looks of the little ole boat, annd I think she will fly, low wind signature,.
We will see shortly
Ron

john the pom

Jul 30, 2007
Queensland
Hey Ron looking neat, that last but one pic looks to me like ya need to paint a big set of shark's teeth on the front.
Best thing about making deck same back as front if'n ya have a senior moment and get in the wrong way you can pertend you knew what you was doing. Good luck with the maiden paddle.
Regards John.

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Seedtick
No cooler yet but I am thinking
Got some more done on the boat today, glass finished black on the bottom, dang I like the looks of this thing

IM002097.jpg

IM002098.jpg

Pic of the backend
IM002100.jpg

IM002102.jpg

and my favorite

IM002099.jpg

little finishing up inside and ropes front and back she will be ready to hit the water.

Oh my two helpers

Magoo my black lab
IM002103.jpg

and Catfish Charlie the superviser

IM002104.jpg

Thats all folks (for today)
Ron

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
I set the Laker 15 5 beside the T-V last night , dang that Laker is low a sleek . Well if all goes well she will hit the water today . I can hardly wait.
Ron

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
tx river rat said:
I set the Laker 15 5 beside the T-V last night , dang that Laker is low a sleek . Well if all goes well she will hit the water today . I can hardly wait.
Ron

I will trade wives with you , mine will not let me bring a boat in the house to admire it while I relax. In fact if I even think about it , without saying anything , she just ... SHOUTS... NO WAY , Don't even think about it. :lol:

The best I can do is to take a picture and enlarge it but then it has to be in my bedroom or where the computer is , nowhere near the TV. :evil:

:roll: Chuck.

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Chuck you just need to learn how to handle these women.
Well I got all the little stuff ready and she is finished.

IM002105.jpg

IM002106.jpg

IM002107.jpg

IM002108.jpg

IM002109.jpg

I am fixing to load up and go to the river I will take some shots of her floating( I hope she foats(
Ron

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
And here is the winner

IM002110.jpg

IM002111.jpg

IM002112.jpg

IM002135.jpg

I took the laker 15 5 a for her first swim today and she did well
,even floated

IM002134.jpg

Paddled around close for a few minutes getting the feel of her.

IM002132.jpg

IM002133.jpg

LOVE THIS BOAT

IM002113.jpg

The water I am paddling is pretty swift , small outboards have a lot of problems in this area but no problems for this boat

This is going to get pretty long so I am going to break it in parts
Ron
More to come

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Part 2

Right above the bridge where I launched is a area of rocks and swift water
, boats with 15 horse are smaller outbords really struggle to get thru this area going upstream.
Well I had to go try it

IM002119.jpg

IM002122.jpg

IM002124.jpg

I was amazed at how well she handled the swift water you could just cruise up thru it, of course I had to play for a while.

IM002126.jpg

IM002128.jpg

Folks let me tell you this little boat will handle some swift water and do it so easy.

After I played a while I told Sondra I was headed up river and would see her about dark,she headed back to town and I headed up river .
I had my gps and fighting a good curent it was no problem to maintane 3.5 miles an hour running upstream.
I was having so much fun getting to know her , I looked down at the gps (dang I was 7 miles up the river) and time was running out on me so I turned around here and headed back down.

IM002137.jpg

Going to break it here more to come
Ron

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Part 3
I held my breath as I started down stream,this what this boat was built for ,going fast down stream , after a few minutes I was grinning from ear to ear. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Folks this boat will move,Mick and Matt it is a burner.
I was watching my gps 4.5 to 5.5 was just playing going down river
5 miles an hour is just a good steady cruise not paddling hard. Well had to dig in a little got above 6.5 and I was bucking a head wind, I didn't plan out Bob but was moving right along.
I got about three miles from the take out and ran into Kim ,a friend that I paddle with, we talked for a minute and then headed back down river.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Liking it better all the time folks.
Kim was in another builder boat that races here in Texas,He did the Colo
100 mile race in just a little over 16 hours, the Neches 25 mile in 4 hours and some change, Kim was in that boat.Well folks the Laker can run with that river cruiser all day :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Took a couple pics as we came into the ramp, don't get any better than this pretty river a good friend new boat and this
IM002139.jpg

IM002140.jpg

IM002141.jpg

After we loaded up headed to the house, dang I am in trouble its 100 pm
Oh well
Evaluation to come.
Ron