TRR LAKER 15' 5'' A (aka Barracuda) | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

TRR LAKER 15' 5'' A (aka Barracuda)

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Bear
I have a black lab that uses the swimming pool in the pic to lay down in and the stainless tube he will step in take his front paws splash the water over him and then sit down in the pan, his name is Magoo it fitts
oh yea the birdbath stays full of water for the squirrels birds and this time of the year the honey bees, my garden is in the back of the pic and it always gets plenty bees in it.
Ron

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
The doctor who helped me'n my brother save Miz Bear frum the first stroke iz married ta a lawyer I worked with. A few weeks ago she come in the office they caint make me leave. She wanted ta tell me how Steven haz a garden out behind their house. [Never heard of a doctor with a garden but my brother.] She sez he had these tomatoes.....green. She asked him "ya gwine ta raize any red ones?" She sez he done like tar baby 'n didnt say nuthin', jest pulled out hiz cellularized phone 'n called hiz Mom ta tell her what she jest sez.

Now that iz a top notch lawyer joke....true too. :mrgreen:

I got some okra 'n two green tomaters outta my Mom's garden. I aim ta fry 'em up with some olive oil 'n my Dad's pickled jalapenos frum 2000. She give me two jars of 'em. Miz Bear iz mitey skeptikle. My 20 year ole peppers (I tole ya'll bout a few days back) mite be only 8 years old.

regards
bearridge

When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'Present' or 'Not guilty'. Theodore Roosevelt

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Bear
I moved out under the oaks in the back yard ,was just two hot in the garage, I havee a swamp cooler(water fan for you folks up north) it sure does help, it really isn't to bad out there even at a hundred plus.
Ron
Just got thrue pickling several kinds of peppers and okra this week, Tonight I had fresh fried squash, fried okra, potatos mashed gravey and steak fingers oh yea had a few fresh mustard green
So full I cant wiggle but it sure good fresh out of that garden and all organic no fertiize(comercail( or poisins

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Ron,

One summer I run a cord out 'n brung a reglar fan. My Mom sets out by the garden ever evenin' in front of the ole shop fan. We got a heap a trees which means a heap a shade. When I stroll round the yard I am careful not ta step out inta the sun. I watch the shadows. A fan kin do the job, but the main thing I do iz stay outside. If I jest dont go inside 'n cool down in the sweet air, it dont feel so bad outside. I kept a big drink of ice water outside too.

regards
bearridge

ps I wonder if I wrapped a stylish white sheet over my head.....naw, round here we got folks who jest wont move on down the road.

What I gained by being in France was learning to be better satisfied with my own country. Dr. Samuel Johnson

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Filets done on outside and inside
IM002080.jpg

Cutting and fitting bulkheads
Ron

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
well took a jig saw to the front of the Laker today cut 2 1/2 inches of higth off her bow started laying out decks and got all the strips to attach the decks to inplace.
Ron

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Got the inside glassed , end pours in,started fitting the decks , tacked them and pulled them off, glassed the backside.
Putting decks on and glueing them

IM002083.jpg

IM002082.jpg

trimming and sanding decks to shape of the boat

IM002086.jpg

IM002085.jpg

IM002084.jpg

Is looking long and lean
more latter
Ron

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Matt
Thanks for the thumbs up.
I went and took the measurements I cut off 2 1/2 inches in height on the nose and tapered that back to nothing at 52 inches from the nose.
that gives about a 9 inch height on bow and stern, bye not peaking the front deck I lost a little over an inch in height and bringing the deck to a point gives me 3 3/4 inches of sloop from the cockpit to the nose that should be plenty to shed water from a wave, and I am hoping the lower profile and being balanced from front to back on the decks will cut weather cocking to a minimum, and help some more bucking head winds.
We will see
Ron
Ps I think the asymetrical and the decks are goig to give this yak a lot of eye apeal

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
I got both decks on today and cockpit layed out and cut

IM002088.jpg

IM002087.jpg

This is not a good pic but I like the look of this boat from the side

IM002090.jpg

And one from the top

IM002091.jpg

Started cutting the combing , I have high hopes for this boat.
Ron