TRR LAKER 15' 5'' A (aka Barracuda) | Page 3 | SouthernPaddler.com

TRR LAKER 15' 5'' A (aka Barracuda)

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Rons yard reminded me of my Uncle's yard in Breckenridge when I was a kid. No grass, all dirt, but you could not dig in it. That ground was so hard it would shatter a sledgehammer.
Bob

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Piper
It has been nearly three months since we had any rain to speak of here and I just finally gave up on the grass under these trees. Watering the garden, better halfs flowers and the rest is going to have to wait on mother nature. Thinking of planting some cactus .
Ron

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Bob
This ground is freaky, under these oaks and all the fallen leaves it should be really rich dirt but it is just like you said hard as a rock, my garden since I mixed compost in it pretty heavy this year is doing well.
The only way I can figure to get anything to grow under these trees is to rotill it deep and add a ton of compost.
Ron

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Got the outside glassed , need to sand it .
I weighed the boat tonight 43 lbs and all I like is the combing so it should weigh within one lb of my T-V , 4mm instead of three 5 inches longer and one inch narrow, and lord that 4 mm is so much easier to work.
Ron

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Jack
I have to keep these boats just to see how the cheap wood and poly
rison do, Freedom is a year old and holding up good.And you can tell these guys I don;t baby a boat.
Ron

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Well got the combing finished today, sanding and sanding and sanding
then one more coat of glass then sanding sanding sanding then off to the water we go.
Looks like I will come in around 46 lbs finished , I can handle that with ease. I am hoping she is as lively as I think she will be. few more days and we will know.
Chuck I always been ballast in anything. Hey I need some help with Jack ,he is talking about the handsome part, PSST I figure he is off his meds again, hullicinating again, you know how he get. When he was in Texas we went to a buffet and ate the little ole waitress brought Jack grits and okra with out him even getting up, I guess she figured he needed all the help he could get.
Ron

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Yep.. That's Jack for sure , the only person on this planet with delusions of grandeur about his looks. If he would only shave but that means he would have to look in a mirror. They say a broken mirror is 7 years of bad luck. :p

Second thought the stainless ones will not break as fast as the good one made from glass , that might be what he needs for Christmas , an unbreakable :roll: ( almost ) mirror that would las a week or so. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chuck.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Kayak Jack said:
Shucks, fellas - I bend stainless steel mirrors into bow knots. I use the busted glass of regular mirrors as a substitute for obsidian, and just gnaw out arrowheads.

(your turn again)

We surrender , Waving the white flag , ( it's white cause it was washed in Clorox ) never get into a Boat Science match with a Yankee , Fertilizer , Factory , they pile it on really deep. :oops:

The Beaten ... Vanquished ... whupped ... stomped on ... and drowning in Boat Science. :lol:

Now what was this post about ... "O" Yes .. Boats. :roll:

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Boat Science still isn't a function of labeling folks as a Yankee or Rebel. Lots of my friends from the Southern US are consummate Boat Scinece type fellas.

Fer instance, I had a heck of a time paddling through murky waters that seemed to follow along behind Ronnie on the Brazos. The water looked clear in other places!

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Chuck
I am glad you all took up the slack for me.
Not much done last few days,and I am so close on her, got the combing finished, sanded and waiting hull is sanded down waiting for another coat of (gulp) polyester.
I got that close then work sort of got in the way. Most of you know I was in the steel business for a lot of years and had a pretty good rep. I closed that after a little medical hickup. Well these folks want let me quit. It is hard to tell an old customer and usually a friend no when he is broke down and hurting. Dag nabitt went to 65 dollars an hour and they just keep showing up . Today is Sunday , day of rest ) yea right ,a friend of mine runs a truck had to be on the road in the morning ,the fifth wheel developed a crack, here he came, now this is Texas 105 today 5 hours welding right out in the sun and to top it off he had one of those fancy all polished aluminium bed installed.was like working on a mirror , it got so hot I had to take some scrap ply and lay it on the bed to be able to even kneel on it.
Well needless to say I didn't work on the boat when I got thru about 4
I am whooped.
Maybe tomorrow I can get back on track
Ron

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Ronnie,

When you do the coaming, will it be a straight up one? Or will it have a flat top sticking out to deflect waves n such? Even if I don't plan to use a spray skirt, I like the deflector coaming just for safety purposes. I'm afraid of sinking. Not on the Brazos - not deep enough there to sink. Other places, though, .....