TRR LAKER 15' 5'' A (aka Barracuda) | SouthernPaddler.com

TRR LAKER 15' 5'' A (aka Barracuda)

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Matt
Thanks for getting these to me so fast.
Well here we go again a Laker 15 5 is about to be born.
Tomorrow will go get the wood and start cutting and laying out the hull.
I am getting excited already , oh before we get to far into this it will be my standard build. .
Off to the box store and then the fun starts.
Ron

JEM

No problem Ron. It was easy to do fast because you only needed the lower hull and no assembly instructions.

All the build pictures you've shared of the multiple designs you've built didn't hurt either! :wink:

I did some hydrostatic predictions and this should be one fast bugger.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Mick...

Calm down , take a deep breath , hold it ........ hold it ........hold it ........hold it.....keep holding it..........

OK , are you impatient to see the boat or a slow person paddling the boat , either will take more time , especially the slow person paddling the fast boat since the person has to make the boat .... 1st.

Keep holding your breath ... hold it ... hold it .........................

Then and only then you will be able to see the slow person (actions and moving around , not thoughts , Geezers are slow by choice ) paddle it. Especially the pictures. :roll:

Hold it...... hold it .........

Robin , come quickley and see the blue faced person at the computer in your house. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hold it ..... hold it ..... Robin is there ..... GOOD , OK... NOW EXHALE. :lol:

Chuck.

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Mick
You going into boat arrest :lol:
This is a Laker asymetrical 15 ft 5 inches long with the bow and stern both lowered an inch. The plan is to use the deck front and back like the Laker rear deck It should be a low wind catching design and as u say a burner. Bottom 22 inches at widest and beam 26 inches. My only complaint on the Laker was at my weight she sat a little low in the water
the extra length should do two things make her run a lot shallower and help the stability, also I think that your weight sitting in the wides part of the boat gives you more stability.
Ron

john the pom

Jul 30, 2007
Queensland
Ron, according to my records you have had the plans for this boat for THREE days now and yet you haven't finished it, let alone paddled it yet, I hope you have a good excuse for your tardiness. :roll:

john the pom

Jul 30, 2007
Queensland
OOPS! Sorry Ron :oops: is actually 9.55 am Wednesday here, and I thought it was Thursday. So while you're behind I'm getting ahead of myself. Anyways turn your computer off and get on with it!

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Are there any of your plans that Mick doesn't have ? if so have you thought of offering him a bulk deal ? if you do I'm sure he'll go for it .LOL

There are still one or two mate, but am workin on that. :lol:

'nutha ply order is going in today. gittin it while it is still relatively cheap.

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Bought some ply today,4 mm laun and started laying out the bottom and sides. Matt has this down pat, even a Texan can follow these plans..
Ron
Pics a coming soon Dang work is getting in my way I think I need to retire again

JEM

hairymick said:
Are there any of your plans that Mick doesn't have ? if so have you thought of offering him a bulk deal ? if you do I'm sure he'll go for it .LOL

There are still one or two mate, but am workin on that. :lol:

'nutha ply order is going in today. gittin it while it is still relatively cheap.

Still trying to convince Mick to build the "Native Watercraft Ultimate" copy I drew up. :twisted:

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Got some time to work on the 15 5 today. I am going to show some pics of the layout just for the new guys.
First layed out the twelve inch lines on the ply
IM002070.jpg

then measure of the points from Matts Plans I drove finishing nail in at the intersecting points and then used a piece of molding to follow the curve, clamping them to the nail
IM002071.jpg

IM002072.jpg

the last pic is after the lines are scribed on the ply

IM002069.jpg

Broke out the ole jig saw and started cutting ,got sides and bottom cut and sanded smooth, stations cut out, I am ready to start splicing the
panels,will try to do that and a little stitching tomorrow
Ron
PS I know this is cheap laun but it sure has some pretty grain to it

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Moving right along got the stations stiched in

IM002073.jpg

another angle

IM002074.jpg

started stiching the bottom on
IM002075.jpg

Man this thing is long and lean just looks speedy sitting there

IM002076.jpg

Might get a little of my filets run tonight.
Ron