Stripped Freedom ( Boat got Slimed) | Page 3 | SouthernPaddler.com

Stripped Freedom ( Boat got Slimed)

gbinga

Nov 7, 2008
Hoschton, GA
Can't make that shape out of plywood. No way No how.

I definitely want to do a stripper some day.

I'd like to build a boat like that, too.

George

Darrells

Oct 19, 2008
Lorena,Texas
I got all of the brads pulled and started sanding today. It is cleaning up pretty nice, but I have a long way to go.

freedomstripper3001.jpg

freedomstripper3002.jpg

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I can't find the posting you made about what color you are going to .... PAINT IT... :p :lol: :lol:

I did the 1st one like this but after I sent Matt a picture of it .... Matt made me sand it all off and go with the natural wood.

freedom-064.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: Chuck.

Darrells

Oct 19, 2008
Lorena,Texas
Got all of the initial sanding done and the stems are under progress. Wetted her down tonight, I like the preview of what she is gonna look like glassed.
Darrell

freedomstripper4001.jpg

freedomstripper4002.jpg

rpecot

Nov 10, 2006
Katy, TX
Darrells said:
I got all of the brads pulled and started sanding today. It is cleaning up pretty nice, but I have a long way to go.
I was gonna say, "I hope you shave that thing before you glass it. It looks pretty hairy." :wink:

Just kidding. Looks awesome! Keep the pictures coming.

Darrells

Oct 19, 2008
Lorena,Texas
I have been just kind of messing around waiting on the shipment of glass and epoxy from U.S. Composites. Used West System last time and was happy with it but decided to use US this time for their prices (less than half). The stern stem is completed and the bow is laminated and drying now. I will get it shaped tomorrow.

freedomstripper5004.jpg

freedomstripper5002.jpg

freedomstripper5001.jpg

freedomstripper5005.jpg

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I sure hope you have her done by the time of pipers shindig , I would hate to drive that far and not be able to bring her home with me. :roll:

Now if you are backing out on that deal about me being able to test her out for a few years ... I can understand that so as a consultation it would be nice to have something pretty there to look at, especially since I have seen pictures of the guy's that will be there. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Running and ducking here Boss.... Chuck.

Darrells

Oct 19, 2008
Lorena,Texas
No turning back now. Pre-coat is on and I like the way it makes the boat look. Once it is dry I will begin "hiding the cracks" with goopy mixed with sanding dust. Then on to glassing. Let me know what you think although it's too late now.

freedomstripper6001.jpg

freedomstripper6002.jpg

freedomstripper6003.jpg

freedomstripper6004.jpg

freedomstripper6006.jpg