16X36 Brazos River Dory | Page 3 | SouthernPaddler.com

16X36 Brazos River Dory

woodman

Oct 31, 2010
Bates city Mo.
The thing about these boats a guy can always do more later on...
I slip a pc. of 5/16 ID tubing through the hull for the rope handles, just smear some thickend epoxy arround the opening..

Seat mounts...

woodman

Oct 31, 2010
Bates city Mo.
Oh boy..does this boat kick -----It tracks ,turns....and stable I can stand up in it and stand cast fish and stand..this boat is assume..I weighed it again today and it came out at 45 or so lbs...

Closed cell foam floor pads cuts down on noise and is sweet to stand and fish on...

The rest of the gang.

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
woodman said:
The overall beam is 36'' and Gerald (the designer) said it would take about 400 lbs. to push this thing down to the 4'' water mark I will check what that width would be....I got the plans here

I hope I didn't over look your posting the beam width at 4", but I like this boat and would like to understand it's design compared to my boats. If I knew the water beam width or the flare angle of the first panel I could compare them. The floor width was 20", correct? I know you said it paddles well, but how does it compare to your other boats? You did a good job. The boat looks good and to have it finish out that light is a plus.

beekeeper

woodman

Oct 31, 2010
Bates city Mo.
The WL width is 2.747' and the length is 15.126'....The angle of the first riser is 20 deg. off the bottom panel ..bott. is 20'' wide...This boat I can stand up in and fish...