16X36 Brazos River Dory | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

16X36 Brazos River Dory

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
This is an interesting build. It would be interesting to compare it to the last two pirogues I built. They are very close to the same length and the max. beam is the same. The pirogues have the sides flared 30 deg. off vertical. One is soft chined. One is hard chined. What is the flare of your first panels from the bottom?

beekeeper

woodman

Oct 31, 2010
Bates city Mo.
Well from inside the boat the first panel (in the center) is raised up 20 deg.

Wile wating on epoxy to glass the inside of the boat.....
Cleats for the side deck panels (taped inplace to se what they look like..The side decks will only be 4 1/2'' wide..

Notched out to hold fishing rods tucked up under the side decks..

woodman

Oct 31, 2010
Bates city Mo.
swampwood said:
Really like the idea of using the deck bbraces as rod holders too. :idea:

Hay: swampwood the Millcreek has a narow side deck to it.. how much deck is their along each side of the rear seat and cockpit space back their?
This monster has about 10' in cockpit length

woodman

Oct 31, 2010
Bates city Mo.
Thanks guys...It is coming along..got to get er done ..weather is changing fast... not like last yr.I was on the Little Niangua at the end of Oct. wade fishing floating etc....A month from now no telling what it will be..

After routing off the excess overlap, I use a scrap of plastic laminante taped to the side to prevent hiting the side panel with the belt sander..

Real rough looking with epoxy goop everywhere and a coat of epoxy on the deck...

Tomorrow ..sand ..sand..sand...