Who Said It............Sad but True. | SouthernPaddler.com

Who Said It............Sad but True.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
It is time for the new game that is sweeping the country-

"Who Said It?"
The rules are simple. I will give you a quote and you have to guess what American said it.

Here we go!

1) “Let me be absolutely clear, Israel is a strong friend of Israel ’s.”

2) “I've now been in 57 states I think - one left to go.”

3) “On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes, I see many of them in the audience here today.”

4) “What they’ll say is, ‘Well it costs too much money,’ but you know what? It would cost, about… It would cost about the same as what we would spend… It… Over the course of 10 years it would cost what it would cost us… (nervous laugh) All right. Okay. We’re going to… It… It would cost us about the same as it would cost for about, hold on one second. I can’t hear myself. But I’m glad you’re fired up, though.. I’m glad.”

5) “The reforms we seek would bring greater competition, choice, savings and inefficiencies to our health care system.”

6) “I bowled a 129. It’s like – it was like the Special Olympics, or something.”

7) “Of the many responsibilities granted to a president by our Constitution, few are more serious or more consequential than selecting a Supreme Court justice. The members of our highest court are granted life tenure, often serving long after the presidents who appointed them. And they are charged with the vital task of applying principles put to paper more than 20 centuries ago to some of the most difficult questions of our time.”

8) “Everybody knows that it makes no sense that you send a kid to the emergency room for a treatable illness like asthma, they end up taking up a hospital bed, it costs, when, if you, they just gave, you gave them treatment early and they got some treatment, and a, a breathalyzer, or inhalator, not a breathalyzer. Uhh, I haven’t had much sleep in the last 48 hours.”

9) “It was … interesting to see that political interaction in Europe is not that different from the United States Senate. There’s a lot of, I don’t know what the term is in Austrian, wheeling and dealing…”

10) “I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future.”

******************************************************************************************************************************************************

Answers to 1 through 10: All are QUOTES from BH Obama

How did you do?

AND .. remember, George W. Bush is supposed to be the village idiot from Yale, while Obama is the 'genius' from Columbia and Harvard...and you wonder why he needs a teleprompter!

JEM

Matt's rant below does not reflect anyone elses views but his own. And they are a little kooky.

Last election was an "Anybody But Bush" for many people. A chance to have a President of a difference racial background influenced many as well. It was definitely a significant moment in history.

Unfortunately, our election system is outdated. We have the ability to conduct a popular vote election but we still stick to the Electoral College system so candidates can pander to only a few key states. If it were a popular vote, the game would be changed and I think you would see a lot more people turn out. So many people in the US feel their vote is meaningless. This is not true but that’s the feeling. Bush would have lost to Gore if it were a popular vote. Think about that!

Voters are not kind to circumstances either. Many say Clinton provided a surplus and Bush wasted it. But what many fail to see is housing lending laws passed during Clinton’s watch are what lead to the recession we’re still in now.

Same argument can be made for Obama: Bush’s time handed him the current economic situation. But Obama will be blamed for it by many. You could also argue that Bush did not ask for 9/11 or Katrina. Bush gets the blame for the fallout from it.

My dad is convinced that Mrs. Obamba while rally the vote for her husband. She is an influential lady. My dad is an Obama supporter. The conspiracy theory in me says this: The owners of the most powerful businesses like oil and defense equipment do not like Obama. They are going to drag their feet to spend money to help the nation recover in efforts to get him out. Think I’m crazy? You might right. But put my prediction in the books now: If Obama is one-and-done, the economy will snap back to life within 5 months of him being out of office. All our current ills will be blamed on Obama. Some will give credit to Obama for setting the wheels in motion for recovery.

Me personally, I think they are ALL crooked. Until they stop giving them these ridiculous retirement packages and free health care for life, none of them are in it for the good of the people.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
It isn't the current president's race that is a concern of mine; that has not been an issue. My concerns center around his not being legal in the first place, being islamic, pandering the Mideast, no military experience, and using many Marxist techniques. Wanting to disarm America is a goal of our enemies.

I think he has a simple, two-step agenda: 1. break America, and 2. install islamic law. Both of these would be large, backward steps for mankind.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I have to agree with Jack , He ( Obama ) is out to destroy this country , disarm it and make us a third world power under muslim rule and law.
So far he is doing a darn good job of it , sending all the business overseas , sending aid to countries that hate us and want us to fail , increasing the national debt to way to many numbers to even print out , giving aid to aliens who enter illegally and letting them stay here. Heck he is even giving Social Security to them and they have not lived or worked here to get any of the things all of us spent our life to achieve.
"O" we can thank Clinton for making Social Security payments taxable , yep , paying tax on the tax money we already paid. :roll:

The dam politicians need to be paid , retire and live like the average Joe out there who is paying for all there benefits that we never will see. Take them off there pedestals and put them in the ditches , fields , factories and on the streets like all of us.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Since the greater need is for the United States to get well and not remain in this despicable shape we are in today , it is better for me to agree with Jack since he did hit the nail on the head , this time.
Besides as we like to say ... Accidents do happen........... Even a blind hog will find a acorn now and then........ :lol: :lol: :lol:

GoodOlBoy

May 12, 2011
Deep East Texas
I would like to point out that the "anybody but Bush" comment is complete malarky. Bush served two terms and COULD NOT have been reelected. Bush did a good job in one of the country's worst times. There are things he did I didn't like, but that's with ANY President. Anything would have been better than what we got.

Nice try though.

Richard

JEM

GoodOlBoy said:
I would like to point out that the "anybody but Bush" comment is complete malarky. Bush served two terms and COULD NOT have been reelected. Bush did a good job in one of the country's worst times. There are things he did I didn't like, but that's with ANY President. Anything would have been better than what we got.

Nice try though.

Richard

No not "trying" anything. Re-read what I stated: for some it was "Anybody But Bush". And by Bush I meant republican/McCain. They wanted to vote for the guy the least like Bush. That I could have been more clear on that.

I'm not saying that's right or wrong. Just they way people approach there voting choices.