The Current river Missouri | Page 3 | SouthernPaddler.com

The Current river Missouri

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Ozark said:
I'm still thinking Boiling springs for a few nights then or after that Two Rivers camp ground although two rivers is a National Parks Service camp ground so a little pricey. I'm gonna do some more looking who knows maybe get a deal on shuttle service canoe rental camping if by one outfit.
http://www.boilingspringsresort.com/piney.html
http://www.missouriscenicrivers.com/Two ... round.html

Both campgrounds have good prices according to what they charge around here.
County parks are normally $5.00 , State can be $20.00 and if you ever get to Canada then expect to pay $32.50 per night. I would say yours is in the middle at $7.00 and $14.00 per night.

The services look pretty good and the rivers (anyway the pictures) are really nice. The rivers appear like they would not want to eat or destroy a wood boat. :D

Chuck.

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Geeez Paul,

You are torturing me now mate. :lol: I have never seen rivers as pretty as those. :shock:

Dave,

But I do envy you all that clear water , we used to have many coastal streams with crystal clear water , I remember then as a child but pretty much all those rivers are now dammed , actually one trip I have been thinking of for some time is following Baffle Creek http://www.bafflecreek.com/ from where it starts just out of town to the ocean , about 120 km , so far the only thing that puts me off the whole thing is that I've talked to a few of the old fellers in town that used to have farms along the creek before retiring to town and they reckon there are a few medium size crocs live along the creek [ 12 to 13 ft ] , now this area is supposed to be just out of the croc zone but no one has explained this to the crocs and the zone tends to expand in warm years , now normally I'm wary of crocs but they don't tend to stop me paddling any where I want to go but two of these old fellers reckon that the crocs tend to be in very narrow sections of the creek and like to just lay across the rock bar and let the water run around them , not 100 % sure I want to try and get past a 13 ft croc when it laying across a narrow section about the same size it is , of course these old guys haven't lived on those properties for 4 or 5 years so they may not be there any more , , I sort of figured some thing like a Okwata with a minimum of camp gear or may be some one to meet us along the way with a vehicle carrying the gear , figure a light kayak because will probably have to carry the kayaks around a few fences , rock bars and fall downs got one mate interested for next year , maybe I can get Mick interested

Hell yeah!!! I'm keen!! I bloody LOVE The Baffle :D Don't worry about the crocs mate the old blokes were trickin ya.

The bull sharks ate em all years ago. :lol:

dawallace45

Mick

A while back I would have thought " Bullsh#t " when told of Crocs there but I know as fact that there is a 12 ft croc up one of the creeks off Blackman's gap road up back of me , that creek runs into Baffle Creek , the croc has been there for a couple of years and the people who own the place would rather see it gone , another mate of mine has been doing some work for some people who have a property just south of Miriam Vale and was shown the two resident crocs , one a 12 ft and the other 13 ft , all these crocs are a long , long way from the salt and have taken up residence in some deep holes in the creeks and like to sun them selves on the rock bars , both these creeks run into Baffle creek , the people who own the properties don't want it know as general knowledge as they don't want sightseers traipsing through their properties , mate took some pictures and they are definitely Salties

David

Ozark

Oct 23, 2007
Ozark Mo.
We ain't seen no salts this far up river since me and ol Danal and Davey got our first BB gun's, dispatched for good from these parts. We just lately started to let the bears and big cats come back. Now if we could just find a few elk and buffalo we'd be back to the olden day.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Kayak Jack said:
Paul Bunyan lent me his buffalo herd; I plan to bring it along in September. Babe won't be accompanying me, though.

Might as well HIJACK this all the way..:twisted: ...... Paul did not have buffalo all he has was a big blue ox and a plaid shirt with a ax. Paco's Bill had them wild critters with six guns and lariat.

Chuck.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Pecos Bill was a mighty man,
Ate his meals from a fryin' pan.
Tried Viennies just once and said,
Best bury me deep cause I'm now dead.

........................................................... Burma Shave

Ozark

Oct 23, 2007
Ozark Mo.
Drove over to the 11 Point today just to have a look see starting at Cane bluff didn't look so good at this height to shallow so I'll look else were. I'm gonna have to run some sections to know more on this one as I've never floated it.