The Cajun secret | Page 3 | SouthernPaddler.com

The Cajun secret

Onthespot

Apr 14, 2023
I can't help you about getting the plans but welcome to the site. I think Duck Calls and Podnus both had some delays getting their plans. Sounds like the site is a little too optimistic. Have you tried contacting them again?
Pleas post about your build. I like the design and am looking forward to seeing another one come together.
Thanks, I’m still trying to decide what design I’m going to build. Torn between a Pirouge or the Gladesmen style in the back of Glen Simmons book. I’m playing with the idea of combining the two. I’ll start my own build thread once I start.

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
Thanks, I’m still trying to decide what design I’m going to build. Torn between a Pirouge or the Gladesmen style in the back of Glen Simmons book. I’m playing with the idea of combining the two. I’ll start my own build thread once I start.
Why not both? :rolleyes: Seriously either would be interesting.
The Glades Skiffs design seems to be more specialized. It is used for polling in a shallow marsh environment. The upswept bow of the skiff may also present a more challenging build. The pirogue should be more versatile and a more straightforward build. I would pick the one that works best for my usage.