Thank you! | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

Thank you!

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
I wanna come play in YOUR backyard. Santa - can I have a big workshop like that for Christmas? Huhhhh? Puleeeeeeeze?

BTW - nice job on the boats. You are going to enjoy those come boating weather. (Be sure to wear a PFD so we keep you around a while.)

sheetsrep

Dec 7, 2007
Here is an update for you guys. Been slow going with the Holidays. The first one is getting close, need to sand and apply one more coat of epoxy on the inside and decks, graphite the bottom and varnish. Hopefully we will get some warm days soon so I can finish her. The second one is turning out nice but I have a ways to go with it. I really like the added rib and width.

1249outcast-med.jpg

1249frontseat-med.jpg

1249inside-med.jpg

1249decal-med.jpg

Boat # 2

1249bigseat-med.jpg

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
I like the art work. I drew some reproductions of petroglyphs on one of my kayaks. Frankly, the primitives did a nicer job than I did.

Piper San, is the back seat of your car big enough to put his shop in? I think we can sneak in and steal it if we're real quiet. Ehh?

sheetsrep

Dec 7, 2007
Thanks guys. I have been having a blast building them but I am getting a little anxious to get them in the water.

sheetsrep

Dec 7, 2007
Here are a couple more pics for you. The decks did not turn out how I had envisioned but I am happy with them. I attached them to the top to cover the stem and side joints. I glued some cedar boards together and ran them through a planner so I would have a "finished" edge. It turned out good but is a little bulky looking. Do you guys have any pictures of your decks? I am looking for ideas for the second one.

1249predecks-med.jpg

1249postdeck-med.jpg

A

Anonymous

Started building mine last weekend

Mine looks just like this so far. Should have read more posts though, I only read about 500, should have read 501 about scarfing the rub rails.

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Heya Sheetsy, you got some serious machinery in there bloke! I wanna come and play in your shed too. :D

I also think and arched deck would be nice but I am not sure how it would look on a pirogue. If you like, I can post a link to another forum (Aussie) where a pretty clever bloke did an arched deck on a canoe.

Ozark Hillbilly, Welcome aboard and to the mad house mate!! :D

sheetsrep

Dec 7, 2007
Would love the link Mick......Thanks. It is hard to see in the pictures but the decks do have a little bit of an arch. I will try and get a better picture.

All you guys are welcome to come build a boat in my shop anytime.

sheetsrep

Dec 7, 2007
Hey Hairy, I don't know what is more impressive................your boat building or your ability to participate on so many forums with dial up :p

sheetsrep

Dec 7, 2007
It is a clean shop but not mine. My neighbor let me use his shop because it is clean and heated. :D Nice guy! Still got some trash in the varnish. :x Oh and before you ask.............yes he has a urinal in his shop. :lol:

The "OUTCAST" is finished! I had a blast building the boat. It was a bit nerve racking working with the epoxy for the first time but I think I am getting the hang of it. After I finish the other Uncle Jon boat I am working on and enjoy them this spring I will decide which boat to build next. I want to build the ultimate fishing machine. I am sure it will be a JEM boat but not sure which one. I will post pics of her in the bragging section after I get her wet. Just need a nice day or two, been cold here.

1249rodholder-med.jpg

1249sitbacker-med.jpg

1249finishfront-med.jpg

1249finishback-med.jpg