Stripped Freedom ( Boat got Slimed) | Page 6 | SouthernPaddler.com

Stripped Freedom ( Boat got Slimed)

Darrells

Oct 19, 2008
Lorena,Texas
Re: Stripped Freedom 98.73 percent finished

A freind and myself hit the Bosque River yesterday after work. Caught a few catfish and had a great time. The new boat handles wonderfully. It is easy to paddle, very stable and glides well. Matt did a wonderful job of designing this boat,it is a keeper.

Picture273-1.jpg

Picture274-1.jpg

firstfish001.jpg

firstfish002.jpg

firstfish003.jpg

After all of the recent rain the river is running and muddy which the catfish love. The Smallmouth Buffalo are spawning now and there must have been two thousand of themsplashing and chasing eachother around. Not a bad catch for an hour and a half.

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Darrell,
For the first six years of my life we lived on the Bosque River out of Iredale a little way. We lived on the (I think) north side of the River and the south side had a bluff bank like on the right side of the picture so if I am remembering right that picture was taken going downstream. Am I remembering correctly?
Bob

bluegrasslover

Feb 18, 2009
Willow Springs, NC
Man! That is one of the prettiest boats I've ever seen! I want to do something like that and will be thrilled if it turns out even half as nice as yours. Awesome job!

Maybe I missed it somewhere in the thread but is this boat from a different plan than a regular Freedom? I checked Jems and didn't see anything that looked quite like your boat (meaning the roundness of the hull).

JEM

The stripped Freedom (along with a stripped North Wind) will be listed in the coming days.

Will also dabble in other stripped designs soon. Will also probably do some stripped deck options (with plywood lower hull) for plans that have a deck.

Right now I'm doing an overhaul of the site adding full scale paper patterns and plywood kit options to all plans. I have a few done but it takes a bit of time figuring everything up. :oops:

Got some other cleaning up to do of outdated listings and such.