visit with the boat builders | SouthernPaddler.com

visit with the boat builders

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
I had the day off so I arranged a visit to keith's shop in Denham Springs La. Seedtick was there as he is most days. I took the grand tour of the shop. It's kind of like a logging/boatbuilding museum. Lots of rare and obscure tools not seen in the average shop. And the WOOD! Stacks of dry and drying cypress boards, some wide enough to cover the bottom of a small bateau. A lot of them had the widths written on the ends to help in finding the proper board for a project. 20",22",24" -- I think I even saw one marked 32"! If the guys never pull up another sinker, I think they'll have enough lumber until they retire........again. :wink:

Our own beekeeper showed up and we all had a little boat design discussion among the boats in the boat shed. Seedtick and I even discussed "black holes". We're an ecclectic bunch. We took a ride down the road to seedtick's house. I again drooled over another nice huge shop. Tic has many projects in the works himself.

We came back to keith's and topped off a great morning with a shrimp poboy. MMMMmmm.

Great visit. Thanks guys.

Joey