TV 15-29 Build-a-long | SouthernPaddler.com

TV 15-29 Build-a-long

Phishtech

Jul 30, 2009
Started my TV finally, got all the panels cut and sanded last week. This weekend I started laying out the temp. frames, 8 in all. I got a brainstorm a while back and using my autocad at work, drew up the temp frames full size and printed them out. To prove my cad work, I layed out frame #5 per Matt's instructions, then cut out the paper frame and overlaid it; it came out perfect. Then all I needed to do was lay the layout flat, poke a hole through at each line intersect into the ply, remove the paper and connect the dots. Worked like a charm, had all eight marked on the ply in 30 minutes. I'm now wondering if I can Autocad the panels on my next build and print them out full size???

TipsTricks2001.jpg

TipsTricks2003.jpg

TipsTricks2005.jpg

This bad girl is gonna be sleek, can't wait !!
TVBuild-a-long011.jpg

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Thats a great idea Matt had on the plans for the frames. The old way was to measure everything out then draw the lines and if you were just a little off it was not to good.
You would not believe the time it took me to do that and to make sure it was just right. :wink: Measure up , measure across then recheck everything just to be sure.
This new way , the way you did it is a make sure it is right one the 1st time.