Trouble with a dog | SouthernPaddler.com

Trouble with a dog

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
An alderman for a small local town got a call from one of the residents. "I'm having a problem with a stray dog coming into my yard and turning over the trash cans. What are you gonna do about it?" The alderman thought a minute and said "Get a piece of sausage and throw it as far as you can into the neighbor's yard. The dog will go after it and not bother you anymore." A couple of days go by and he gets a call from the same guy. " The dog's still coming around. What are you gonna do? " " Hmmmm. Sometimes it takes a while to work. Keep doing it for a few more days and the dog will get the message." " OK. I 'll try it again." A few more days go by and the alderman gets another call. " The dog's still coming around. I tried your crummy idea and it doesn't work. What do I do now." The alderman is about at the end of his rope now and says " Well, you've been feeding him, so he's YOUR dog now."

graybeard

Dec 24, 2009
Between keyboard and chair
Is this one of those "fill in the punchline jokes"?

Finally, the alderman is fed up. "Why are you calling me anyway? What do you want me to do?"
The man is just as fed up, "How bout you come and talk to him, one SOB to another?"

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
I'm still scratching my head over this one.

I got lost when Joey went around the bread store; I'd stopped to tie my shoes. Then, it went all down the back steps and they had to get a new set of tires. But, only on Tuesdays, after three in the afternoon. Right?

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
Here's my take on it. The alderman didn't want to deal with the problem. The guy kept pestering him. The guy fed the dog . It's his dog now so it's HIS problem.

ps : Y'all might be overthinking it. It's not a real deep one.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Joey, what kinda salami was this guy providing for my dog? Have you named the dog yet? How does he look while sitting in your kayak? What political party was the alderman? What the hell is an alderman? Does your chewing gum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight? Will this be a test question? Why did you go to the bread store in the first place?

I like the dog.

Jimmy W

May 1, 2006
north georgia, USA
Tip wants to know if he can get some sausage if he comes over.

Tipinstream-1.jpg

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Now THERE'S my dog - Tippy. Solid muscle, not a bit of fat. And loves to roam and rambler. :wink: Jimmy and I almost didn't get to take a trip, waiting for ole Tipper dog to come home.

Also, same name as my old doggy I had as a kid. I still miss her.

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
Kayak Jack said:
Joey, what kinda salami was this guy providing for my dog? Have you named the dog yet? How does he look while sitting in your kayak? What political party was the alderman? What the hell is an alderman? Does your chewing gum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight? Will this be a test question? Why did you go to the bread store in the first place?

I like the dog.

Whaaaaaat?? :?

mike

Jun 29, 2009
TEXAS!
Hey, Joey!

I'm bettin' Jack's dog looks pretty dang good sittin' in your kayak. Jus' keep him away from dem gators. Eh? :lol:

ugliest_dog_chinese_crested.jpg