Tent Repair | SouthernPaddler.com

Tent Repair

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
I broke a pole on a tent on the rat pack trip ,I came up with something every one needs to carry on camping trips.
A 4 to 5 inch piece of copper tubing that will slide over the pole makes a quick good fix . the copper can be shaped if you need to.
Ron

rpecot

Nov 10, 2006
Katy, TX
And duct tape. Slide the tube over. Duct tape it into place.

I had a tent repair kit for my REI Dome tent. It came with various sized patches, etc., but it also had an aluminum tube big enough to slide over the poles for that exact reason.

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
RP
That was what is nice about this set up the tension of the poles bending hold it in place ,dont need glue are tape.
Ron

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
They will both work ,if using rigid just make it a little shorter .works just like the sleeves on the poles originally they are rigid
Ron

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I found the best back up tent repair kit when camping with Ron on the Brazos is another tent.
ONLY... If he can call in or muster up a Tornado one night with high winds ( class 2 hurricane ones ) and freezing rain for folks from out of state camping with him on a gravel bar.

That is one trip I will never forget and had a ... BALL ... doing it. A true trip of a life time since all of us survived it.
Ron , My hat's off to you for one very interesting and fun trip. :D

Chuck.