South Louisiana Icecapades 2010 | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

South Louisiana Icecapades 2010

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
It's a good thing you had that MRE ( Emergency Rations) with you , it would be no fun to run out of food when camping in that weather.
I'm still waiting to see who picked the short straw and had to paddle back to the landing to get more ice for the drinks. Only thing worse then running short on chow is running out of ice. :wink:

Chuck......

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
islandpiper said:
Keith and Seedtick brought eighty pounds of ice. No problem.

We could have made ice in the mess kits the first two nights.

Piper

If they had 80 pounds of ice at the beginning then they must of taken 100 pounds home after the trip , looking at that weather you guys had. Someone would think you were paddling an camping in Alaska.

Jimmy W

May 1, 2006
north georgia, USA
Kayak Jack said:
I'm glad you guys had a good time.

HINT to webfooters: Even this olde Michigander doesn't camp in that weather. snicker snicker

I have camped with Jack on two trips. The first trip it snowed and the second trip it got down to 14 degrees and he keeps telling other folks to tell the truth. :roll:

Jimmy

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
boy that is a motly looking crew in the pic.i have to say mr bear is the best looking one out of the bunch. :lol: :lol: i have to admitt the chow on the menue & in the pot sho looks good. :wink:

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Holi Smoke! :shock: :shock: :shock:

You blokes are seriously hard core!

Oh man! I sooo wanna do a trip like that with you crazy buggas.

Bloody great report guys. Loved every word of it. :D

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
You're welcome to come on down, Mick. I have a feeling that we'll be having another trip in the future. It was one of the highlights of my year. Good folks make for good times.

Joey