Screeeeeeeeech Owls | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

Screeeeeeeeech Owls

What kinda shootin' iron do ya tote, when ya tote one?

• revolver .357 magnum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • revolver less than .357 magnum

• auto .45

• .32 auto

• some kinda .22 LR

• .22 magnum

• ray gun

• I dont tote no gun. I aim ta wait on the cops.

• Total voters

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
dawallace45 said:
Yes large calibres do get the job done, but because of the excessive recoil they are much slower to get back on target and have a extreme tendency to go right through the target and carry on through walls there by being a danger to any one else in the area , they are also hard to train people with straight off
Reason ta shoot a heap.
I think the reason people talk about ranges of 7 to 15 yards is because most defence situations are closer than that and over that you start being on very shaky legal ground as to wether you are justified in drawing your gun and firing unless of course you are being threatened with a long arm
Some of our states got laws that allow ya ta plug a evil doer who comes on yer property 'er tries ta git ya in yer truck.
because with our climate and light clothing it's the most practical, if it weren't then I'd love a 45 ACP or a 9mm
Funny how it all makes a heap a difference. Art up in Canada sez even double naught buckshot aint worth squat. He run a bear huntin' bizness fer quite a few years 'n haz been called out ta thin out the garbage dump bears. He wont agree ta nuthin' short of the fancy slugs he uses.
I really thought I'd actually be going to a gunfight then it's no choice at all , I'd be carrying a rifle, but in the real world it's far better to have a .22 in the hand than a .45 back home in the safe or down the street in the glove box of the car
indeed
lets face it most people [unless they happen to be Police officers and their needs are different] who carry really don't think they will ever need to even draw their pistol in a threat situation, they only carry for the same reason they take out home or car insurance, [they don't think they will ever need it but feel it's better to make sure].
Yep. I tole this before, but I knew Carl 'n some of the officers who shot him 30-40 times....with 9mms. After that near bout ever officer got rid of hiz 9mm 'n went ta 40mm 'er .45ACP. Carl wuz fulla dope. He even ripped a bedpost off the bed whilst they wuz shootin' him.

regards
bearridge

War without France would be like ... World War II. Unknown