"Scooter Pirogue" Anyone ever heard of one? | SouthernPaddler.com

"Scooter Pirogue" Anyone ever heard of one?

A

Anonymous

I have a Scooter Pirogue. It has a serial number on the side of it but I can't find out any information about it. It has a built in trolling motor, forward/reverse, with low/medium/high. It was purchased new in 1983. It is a two piece pirogue that is made of fiberglass. It has stick steering on the side. It is excellent to fish out of. Just curious if anyone has ever heard of one, if not I can post some pictures.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I saw a guy using one like you described in the Okefenokee Swamp out of Fargo , Ga.
When I asked him about it he said it was made there in Georgia or South Carolina but I don't remmeber who made them. That was about 10 years ago.

Chuck.
If you post pictures try to keep them in the 5 x7 range so the folks with dial up computers can see them and not spend all day downloading one picture. ..... PLEASE.

Apr 20, 2008
Florida Panhandle
I saw some boats like you described at lake Okeechobee many years ago and I think the guys that were fishing them were from South Carolina. Neat little boats. They would stack four or five of the little boats on a big flat bottom boat and ferry them out to the fishing grounds. I think that the boats they were using had peddle steering. They mounted a trolling motor through the bottom with a pulley attached to two peddles. I'm sorry that I did not pay more attention to their design now. I was a little more into big boats back then and mainly remember we were very envious that they could go to a lot of places we could not get into and catching a LOT of fish... :?

A

Anonymous

I'm 23 and when I seen this boat I knew that I had to have it. I purchased it from a retired general of the military who had a sargent paint the boat camoflauge. Here's some pictures. Enjoy.
DSCN1909-1.jpg

DSCN1910-1.jpg

DSCN1912-1.jpg

DSCN1914.jpg

DSCN1915.jpg

DSCN1911.jpg

I left the last picture larger so it would be easier to view, I apologize if you have slow internet connections.

kellyboy

Jun 11, 2012
I also have a Scooter Pirogue and the trolling motor under the boat is trashed... Where do i find one? There isnt any kind of model or serial number on the motor.. Is it possible to cut the shaft off a regular trolling motor? From bottom of the motor to top of shaft is only 12"...

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
havent heard of one but looks like something i sure could use. :D :wink: looks similar to the sneak boats i think. i believe they were from south carolina but i think the man died or quit making the, they had the same setup.

Kajun

Jan 8, 2011
Google up "Bobcat boats" they have some very close to the scooter. They may be able to get you some good info
Fred