Pirogue repaired | SouthernPaddler.com

Pirogue repaired

crkdltr

Mar 3, 2009
After my critical failure at Big Alabama Bayou I finally got around to fixing up my pirouge this weekend.

I dare this (insert explicative cursing here) to fail me now. 8)

IMG_1071.jpg

IMG_1072.jpg

IMG_1073.jpg

If I had used the UJ chair from the beginning I wouldn't have had this problem. I'm going to force myself to start using it. I also shaved a full inch off it to help lower the center of gravity.

IMG_1074.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg

gbinga

Nov 7, 2008
Hoschton, GA
I like the paint job. Did you use some kind of stencil for that? It's a good look.

I notice that you have one of those new eco-friendly cars we are hearing about. Doesn't look like it would have very much head room, but I bet the gas mileage is great.

GBinGA

crkdltr

Mar 3, 2009
Kayak Jack said:
Crooked Letter, is that bulkhead water tight at the bottom? Or will there be a drain cut in? Is your boat tail heavy with everything at the back? Or, is there more gear goes in the front?

Yeah it's water tight. I thought of cutting a couple of channels in it but didn't figure it would make any difference. It would be the same as if I would have done that on both sides and put a deck on top for dry storage. Seeing as how I'm a heavy person the back is tail heavy just with me in it and the only gear I have with me normally are a couple of rods and a tackle box. I'm too worried about capsizing and losing things to load it with anything else. With the maximum safe operating load being 320 lbs that leaves me only 50 lbs to play with. :mrgreen:

crkdltr

Mar 3, 2009
gbinga said:
I like the paint job. Did you use some kind of stencil for that? It's a good look.

I notice that you have one of those new eco-friendly cars we are hearing about. Doesn't look like it would have very much head room, but I bet the gas mileage is great.

GBinGA

Yeah the paint job was done with a stencil I made. I found it on the internet and cut it out on some regular paper with a hobby knife (hind sight I should have done it with a manila folder) and used a can of spray paint. I'm most likely going to do it again in the future. This time I will do it in layers with black, tan and green and tan.

Yeah that's the Mrs. car. Mine is red with the yellow top. Flintstone power is very eco-friendly. :D