Persia aint changed at all.... | SouthernPaddler.com

Persia aint changed at all....

A

Anonymous

My stepson 'n some more parachute soldiers jest flew over ta Pesia ta learn jest how civilized it iz, how the jews iz evil 'n how we are jest like them Romans.....tryin' ta occupy everbody 'n take all the oil. He sez he listened til he jest had ta ask, if they so civilized, how come they still take a dump in a hole?

I suppose that trip done them parachute soldiers a heap a good....learnin' how much culture it iz over that way. In a few months a heap of 'em iz gwine ta take a turn keepin' an eye on the Iraq fellas. That wuz how come the army figgered it wuz a swell idea ta learn some bout the arab culture....'n how ta be careful if ya see a hole.

But I reckon its gwine ta be some Iraq fellas jest like Ole Reg.

REG:
They've bled us white, the bastards. They've taken everything we had, and not just from us, from our fathers, and from our fathers' fathers.
LORETTA:
And from our fathers' fathers' fathers.
REG:
Yeah.
LORETTA:
And from our fathers' fathers' fathers' fathers.
REG:
Yeah. All right, Stan. Don't labour the point. And what have they ever given us in return?!
XERXES:
The aqueduct?
REG:
What?
XERXES:
The aqueduct.
REG:
Oh. Yeah, yeah. They did give us that. Uh, that's true. Yeah.
COMMANDO #3:
And the sanitation.
LORETTA:
Oh, yeah, the sanitation, Reg. Remember what the city used to be like?
REG:
Yeah. All right. I'll grant you the aqueduct and the sanitation are two things that the Romans have done.
MATTHIAS:
And the roads.
REG:
Well, yeah. Obviously the roads. I mean, the roads go without saying, don't they? But apart from the sanitation, the aqueduct, and the roads--
COMMANDO:
Irrigation.
XERXES:
Medicine.
COMMANDOS:
Huh? Heh? Huh...
COMMANDO #2:
Education.
COMMANDOS:
Ohh...
REG:
Yeah, yeah. All right. Fair enough.
COMMANDO #1:
And the wine.
COMMANDOS:
Oh, yes. Yeah...
FRANCIS:
Yeah. Yeah, that's something we'd really miss, Reg, if the Romans left. Huh.
COMMANDO:
Public baths.
LORETTA:
And it's safe to walk in the streets at night now, Reg.
FRANCIS:
Yeah, they certainly know how to keep order. Let's face it. They're the only ones who could in a place like this.
COMMANDOS:
Hehh, heh. Heh heh heh heh heh heh heh.
REG:
All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
XERXES:
Brought peace.
REG:
Oh. Peace? Shut up!

A

Anonymous

Friend Art,

Yep. They are some mitey funny fellas. They aint too bad at history neither. :wink:

regards,

bearridge
bodine normal school

You can observe a lot just by watching.
Yogi Berra