paddle rings | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

paddle rings

makenmend

Aug 26, 2009
Longview East TX
[quote by Kayak Jack » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:28 pm

The lighter the item the lighter it makes your wallet. I wish I could prove you wrong in this case - I can't. sigh
oldsparkey said:
The lighter the item the lighter it makes your wallet. :lol:
I wish I could prove you wrong in this case - I can't. sigh
. Now here I can, Under 20 lb Laker cheaper and lighter than ply, (just a little more work)

mosportsmen

Jul 29, 2005
Kirksville MO
mosportsmen.com
I shopped around for the lightest weight paddle I could find. The racing community I am/was attached to do not mind spending big money on wing paddles and the like. (The wing design is probably not the best for recreational paddlers)

I settled on this one.
http://www.pacificpaddles.com/index.html#top info
The paddle is pretty darn light weight when compared to even the carbon fiber ones on the market. You deal with the designer and maker directly. The paddle is also pretty darn durable. He custom makes each one for the length you want and will help you figure out what that length should be. He made mine so it could be used in two different lengths.

I like it and I think it is a pretty good value for the money. It is made in America.

Tom

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Tom, I like the guy's straightforward way of talking and dealing. Breath of fresh air, ehh?
My Werner paddle is lighter, and so was my billfold. I don't know if it's "You get what you pay for", or "You pay for what you get". Either way, I seem to end up with less money for important stuff, like ice cream.

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
I have been lucky enough to use a bunch of different paddles. from 25.00 Academy one to the 400.00 dollar plus paddles. The werners are my first choice, Right now I am saving my pennies for a Werner Ikleos .
We spend a lot of money on boats and gear and the one thing that makes a boat preform is a good paddle,by the best you can afford ,you will smile every time you paddle any of your boats.
Mo I tried the wing paddles and hated them ,and you are sure right the are not for rec paddlers ,they are for straight line paddling.
I have to agree with Jack on His brand choice :shock:
Ron