not a blond joke | SouthernPaddler.com

not a blond joke

a Bald Cypress

May 7, 2007
Northwest Louisiana
It was a hot day and a sportsman had just pulled in to the store for some last minute items. His Black Lab was laying down in the back seat and to allow the dog to get some air , he rolled the windows down.

After closing the door, he held up his hand and slowly backed away. After each step, he would firmly say STAY.

He had taken four or five backward steps repeating the STAY command when a woman who was walking by asked.

Wouldn't it be easier to just put it in Park?

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
I don't get it. sigh Was the dog a male or female? Did it have a collar? What was he shopping to get? What color was his car? Did he feel well that day? Or, had his wife hurt his feelings? What was the store lady's name?

GEE! :lol:

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Truthful Jack,

It wuz a blonde. He jest didnt wanna come rite out 'n tell it....but we all knew. [wink, wink] In Texas they tell it that she wuz blonde with a longhorn tatoo on the inside of her left thigh. [grin]

regards
bearridge

I don't know.  Part of me thinks the kid's right.  He asks what he's done to deserve this.  He wants to stay here, fine.  Let's leave him and go home.  But then another part of me thinks, what if by some miracle we stay, then actually make it out of here.  Someday we might look back on this and decide that saving Private Ryan was the one decent thing we were able to pull out of this whole godawful, shitty mess.  Like you said, Captain, maybe we do that, we all earn the right to go home.  Sergeant Horvath