New Paddling Partner. | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

New Paddling Partner.

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
hey mick glad to see see you back i wondered what had happened to you . i sent you a pm & when you didn,t reply i figured you rode off into the sunset on that big motor cycle?

glad to have you back :wink: :D hello janet welcome aboard.

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Mick
And the pretty Janet ,welcome and welcome back.
Mick the long trips get in your blood mate.Dont let them give you to hard a time about the tent they do alright on the Brazos
Dont forget the 52 quart ice chest :D
Ron

john the pom

Jul 30, 2007
Queensland
Welcome back Mick and welcome Janet. Jeez guys I'm glad I'm glad I ain't the only one to shake my head when I saw Baldy's suggestion 'bout hammocks :roll:
Seriously though, may the year ahead be better than those that went before: for all of us.
Regards John.

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
G'day guys,

Thanks all to for the very kind words and warm welcome back.

I think for us, a good tent and air mattress are better options :D as are a small folding table and chairs etc etc etc hence the need for a bigger canoe. The Mary River has plenty of sand bars and other places suitable for overnight camping along the way, but suitable trees from which to hang hammocks might not allways be available.

I had been gearing up to do this solo, and as such, my Sasquatch 16 is ideal. I can sleep on the ground or under a tarp if the weather is inclement but I would never expect this of a lady. We need to re-think many things.

Oh yeah, Janet has travelled the US extensively, and loves it, but never really had the opportunity to spend enough time in any one place. Allways a time schedule to keep and the need to hurry on to the next place. She LOVES the Lousianna bayous. 8) She is fascinated by the images posted here and yes, we are talking about a joint expedition to the other side of the world. :D Man, I hope this works out.

We were going for a paddle today, but sat up late last night talking and the monsoons seem to have finally hit here with a vengeance. Very heavy rain all night with the promise of more today. The rivers will be rising and the dams and lakes filling - plenty of time. :D

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Rain here all last night , heavy rain , and today the temp is dropping in a hurry .............then tomorrow morning ... "Or" so they say , sunshine but it will not be over the upper 50's and down into the upper 30's over night for about a week. BURRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

John Depa is paddling the Suwannee River and from what it looks like he will be in the 40's during the day and upper 20's during the night. This is after doing a lot of paddling in the rain , warmer temps then with them taking a drop back into the Yankee Weather which he is use to. If he publishes a paddling trip it will be something to see.

What I'm saying is you can not second guess the weather , just be ready for it to have some fun............what ever it tosses at you. I know John and like you , is prepared for any changes in the weather so you and Janet need to do the same.
Nice one day and not the best the next...........

Chuck.
The only guarantee you have out camping is the weather will change..........

dawallace45

My wife took two weeks off over Christmas and we had the idea of getting in a lot of fishing and kayaking , so far over the last 13 days we've had about 400ml [ about 16" ] of rain , guess how many times we've been out on the water, if you guessed none you would be right , hell the weather has been too bad even to enjoy a day out any where ,

David

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
hairymick said:
Oh yeah, Janet has travelled the US extensively, and loves it, but never really had the opportunity to spend enough time in any one place. Allways a time schedule to keep and the need to hurry on to the next place. She LOVES the Lousianna bayous. 8) She is fascinated by the images posted here and yes, we are talking about a joint expedition to the other side of the world. :D Man, I hope this works out.

Mick, you and Janet have a standing invitaiton to come paddle some La. bayous with me. Might be able to coax piper, seedtick and keith to come along too. Lots of photo oportunities. Might have to twist piper's arm to let you come to the Rendezvous. :D

Joey