Naked Wine | SouthernPaddler.com

Naked Wine

JEM

How's the subject for an attention grabber? :lol:

I'm making some from-scratch spaghetti sauce and it calls for red wine. I'm not a wine person.

Back in 2003, I got the chance to go to Paris through the university I was attending. We got to go to a local vineyard to do some wine tasting. I sat next to a self-proclaimed wine-snob during the tasting and she was shocked by my taste. Everything that was "elite" or high end, I didn't like. Everything that was low end, I liked. I was as polite as I could be and continued to taste, keeping my opinions low-key.

But the vineyard owner got wind of my tastes and during the tour, pulled me aside. I thought I'd get a tongue lashing but he pulled me into another room where I got to sample some of his home brewed beer!

Anyway, I was at the store today and saw some "naked wine" on sale. Turns out, it's a brand dedicated to not fermenting in oak barrels. Instead they use stainless steel. My unrefined pallet loved it! Some actually made it into the sauce... but not much. :mrgreen:

So if you're a "beer guy" like me, I invite you to try some "no oak wine".

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
JEM said:

That was a nice invitation and I still have an empty glass , where is the wine ? I looked all over this post and even under some of the corners of it but have not been able to find the wine. My guess is someone ( name withheld to protect the guilty ) has consumed all of it. :roll:

hairymick01

Oh yeah!! I love the cheaper wines too. Mostly sweet red or white, - doesn't matter.

We call the naked wines "Cleanskins" here. Cheap as chips and some of it is a bloody good drop.

I just love outraging the wine snobs with my cheap "plonk"

If you kike a sweet Red, and if you can get it over there, have a look at Dolceta&Syrah by Brown Brothers

http://www.winehouse.com.au/ShowWines.a ... 32&c=18937

or the same plonk by Gossips,

http://www.jackswine.com.au/product_det ... p?pid=1158

Both are waaaaayto good to cook with. :D

JEM

oldsparkey said:
JEM said:

That was a nice invitation and I still have an empty glass , where is the wine ? I looked all over this post and even under some of the corners of it but have not been able to find the wine. My guess is someone ( name withheld to protect the guilty ) has consumed all of it. :roll:

I had it reserved it for you at the store. You just need to go pick it up and pay for it.

hairymick01

JEM said:
Mick you old Banana bender, when you gonna make some new boats?

:mrgreen:

Soon mate, soon. :D

Just finished building new front steps,

Got a new bathroom to make and install and only two more rooms to renovate.

My fretwork

HouseRenos058.jpg

I can feel an Akuna or two coming on. :mrgreen:

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
Matt, no such thing as an unrefined pallet. You like what you like and don't like what you don't like. Simple, huh?! My standard answer for these snobs that insist that you just have to " aquire a taste for it...." ..................Didn't have to "aquire" a taste for a grilled, medium rare ribeye steak.....................Nope.. liked it straight away!

Joey

Gator

Dec 15, 2006
East Lansing/Okemos Michigan
That title got my attention! I good night with wine should end up that way.
Jack, you like the boxed wine to use the bladder inside as a water bottle. Its good you look out for the enviroment and use all those recyclable boxes. I enjoy a little wine for thy stomach sake, followed by a scotch, or a good brew, or some other spirit.

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Part of the reason for different likes and dislikes in wine come from some folks having 50 taste buds per sq cent to folks that have a thousand per sq.
Ron

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
(struggling up close to a mirror here, sticking out my tongue, marking it off in a centimetrical grid, shining a light on it, counting them little taste buds, ..... 21, 22, 23 ........)
OH oh! I'm not a wine connoisseur! More like a wine common sewer. sigh