My Gator build | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

My Gator build

ilbucksndux

Jun 10, 2012
Glass and epoxy done.

CameraZOOM-20120728140613.jpg

After I gave the floor 2 coats of epoxy I gave it 2 coats of spray in bed liner.

CameraZOOM-20120728140632.jpg

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
Feels good to be finished, don't it! :D Now the other fun starts. Using it.
Good job.

beekeeper
P.S. I bet you hold your breath the first time you put in the water.

ilbucksndux

Jun 10, 2012
Paint job done. I cant seem to get the other pics to load to my email. As soon as they do I'll post em up.

CameraZOOM-20120728192015.jpg

ilbucksndux

Jun 10, 2012
Plan is to let the paint dry better and get it in the water Monday. I got my fingers crossed that it will float !

ilbucksndux

Jun 10, 2012
I live in Southern Illinois,and hunt here in Missouri, Arkansas,Tennessee . Kentucky, and Indiana alt least a few times every year. I couldnt wait till today so I took the boat out to the lake,well whats left of the lake ,and she worked great ! It dont track as well as I would have liked but that may have been due to my paddling and not the boat. The adjustable seat is a great addition so I can move it back and fourth for balance . Thats gonna be great with a decoy bag . No bee the seat is not attached to the rail it just slides along it. My camo is pretty simple. I start out with the tan and paint the whole thing,then I go back whit my homemade stencil which is a hand full of weeds held together between two 1x2's . I then spray green and brown over the stencil here and there till its all covered.

Jangle

Oct 28, 2012
If u don't mind me asking. I am about to start a build just lie this kne and will be using it for the same thing. So my questions are: how stable is the boat? About how much did it cost to build including glassing? Thanks and it looks awesome

ilbucksndux

Jun 10, 2012
Thanks I believe it cost me around $150 for all materials. I'm building another one right now. The resin and glass cost alot more than the wood does