My first attempt | SouthernPaddler.com

My first attempt

Birddog

Jun 17, 2005
MN.
www.catch-n.com
Boat-pic1.jpg
Well here goes I have never posted a pic B-4. This is very small 8' boat that I finished in 2004. My brother was building one at the same time. You can see his in the background. These were scratch built without any plans.

Birddog

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Good job on your duck boat and don't leave it in the grass or you will never find it. :D
The one in the right side of the picture looks pretty good, from what I could see of it.

Chuck
Just a suggestion in case you did not see these and if you did .... then you already know about them.

If you had trouble this might help in posting pictures. They are free services.

Quoting Floatforfish......... "I'm using this site for pictures:
http://www.teamsouthbound.com/pictureprocessor/
A lot of the guys like to use this one ... Myself included........ We click on the # 2 ( choose forum ) in the center and use Florida Sportsman. They resize the picture and do all of the work then give you a URL to use.

My Daughter likes to use this one....... The one I use to up load photos is
www.villagephotos.com
[/url]

mosportsmen

Jul 29, 2005
Kirksville MO
mosportsmen.com
yea, looks good. How much did it end up weighing? what did you do inside the front, back and sides? Is it just air in there? The molded oar locks look very professional. People probably do not believe you made it yourself.

Birddog

Jun 17, 2005
MN.
www.catch-n.com
The Boat weighs in at 28 Lbs. The constuction material is 1/4" luan plywood, encapsulated in epoxy. All the seams were fileted with epoxy/wood flour and fiber glass taped on both sides. The oar locks are 2 x pine. I made some plastic inserts that snap into the oarlock holes to act like a bushing. Both of the bulkheads are air chambers. My original plan was to make those areas storage. But that could be done at a later date. It was a fun project to make. I had never tried stitch and glue construction b-4.

Drywall will be one of my up coming projects. It was more fun to make the boat, then hang drywall. Guess I got my prioritys mixed up.

Birddog

mosportsmen

Jul 29, 2005
Kirksville MO
mosportsmen.com
Wow, that is a little boat but light as a feather. ducks will be in trouble.

I know about those priorities. I can figure out how to design my own duck boat but for the life of me I can't figure out how to fix the basement stairway. go figure.