Millcreek 16.5 Hybrid 50/50 Kayak | Page 3 | SouthernPaddler.com

Millcreek 16.5 Hybrid 50/50 Kayak

swampwood

Aug 6, 2010
Bayou State - Louisiana
Well the bottom is finished. :mrgreen:
Finally got to start using my HVLP sprayer. I won't be brushing anymore. :D
When it dries I will flip it over and attach the rub rails and begin the job of finish sanding the top.
Finally getting closer to the end. :?:

Attachments

• P6140089[1].jpg
    P6140089[1].jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 505
Last edited:

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
Leave it upside down and nobody will no it is a wooden boat. I'm impressed with the spray job. It looks like gel-coat and feels very smooth. When you are ready, I'm available for the capacity test. :roll: :)

beekeeper

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
Kayak Jack said:
Swampus Woodicus, when the notorious Bee Keeper comes to help you with the capacity test, I'll bet he'll be fully equipped with fishing gear to make the test as realistic as possible. :wink:

The first test is to test for capacity only. I don't need added weight for that. Most owners are happy if it floats me.
I can certify a boat as a "fishing boat". This does require gear, at least two trips, and you paddle if it is a tandem. :roll: :lol:

beekeeper

swampwood

Aug 6, 2010
Bayou State - Louisiana
beekeeper said:
Leave it upside down and nobody will no it is a wooden boat. I'm impressed with the spray job. It looks like gel-coat and feels very smooth. When you are ready, I'm available for the capacity test. :roll: :)

beekeeper
I think the reason that the posts (of other builder, owners) and the designer of this build say it is fast is because it is so sleek and slick. Water will most probably run the other way. I hope :?: :?: :mrgreen:

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
You need a better camera. The boat looks even better than the pictures show it. Great job! :)

beekeeper