Material griping and braggin | SouthernPaddler.com

Material griping and braggin

JEM

This braggin for Raka.com

Normally I get my stuff from Boat Builder Central but they didn't stock what I wanted: 6-ounce biax tape. I've worked with biax fabric before and found it to be no trouble except it's harder to fair out. But I wanted to try it as tape.

Anyway, I ordered some from Raka. Worked with it. Did not care for it. Too messy for what I was doing. It did, however, go around curves well.

Called up Kelly at Raka figuring I was going to get stuck with a re-stocking charge or something. Got ready to dish out another $40 or so for a roll of the tape I wanted. Nope. She said she'd swap and throw in a few extras in the box for my troubles.

I was pleased and said I'd get the stuff I didn't want in the mail ASAP so I could my new stuff soon. Figured that was fair.

Nope again. She's sending it TODAY before I've even mailed the original tape back.

Kudos Raka. You set the bar for service.

Allen

Jan 17, 2004
central florida
nice...

too bad there isnt service like that at any supply houses around here :roll:

the way it was going - i was waiting for ya to tell us she brought the stuff over herself with a six pac and a pizza :lol:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I have used Raka for all of my boats except the kayak and that is because I got the full kit with everything from Pygmy Boats for the kayak.

I have been very happy with Raka and if there is a problem Larry is there to help. Very few places where you call them and talk to the owner.
Chuck.

hoz

Jan 24, 2004
Indiana
hey Matt, what was the problem with the biax tape? I plan on using it to attach my deck on the sailing canoe.