Maiden Voyage of the Swamp Fox | SouthernPaddler.com

Maiden Voyage of the Swamp Fox

Traveller

Apr 21, 2005
Greenville, NC
Well, I couldn't stand it any longer, and so I had to put her in the water for a trial run. Of course I needed a top notch crew for a quality shakedown cruise....The boat rides easy and is much more stable than I thought she would be. My paddling technique leaves a bit to be desired, and I can see how a kayak paddle would be a big benefit for a day trip.

memorial%20day%20015.jpg

memorial%20day%20006%202.jpg

Funny thing, all the mistakes and flaws that I see on the in the shop on the sawhorses disappeared as soon as the boat touched the water! Whatever happens with the varnish and epoxy will happen. When it does we will deal with it. I learned alot I think, and maybe later this summer I'll take on another project. I already have something in mind. right now, my wife is after me for bookcase to be built for the sunroom,...a piece of cake.

memorial%20day%20017.jpg

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
OK .... Sarg.....

It looks like it will take a month or two to get that smile off your face and a life time to get it off the Pirogue Captains face who was commanding the ship and telling the crew where to go for the trial run. :D

Good Job ...... Isn't it some fun? and you did it all by yourself..........

Chuck.
PS. See why we like to make our own boats........