Great budget 22.... | SouthernPaddler.com

Great budget 22....

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
I’m a sucker for rimfire guns and shooting. I have Ruger 22’s, Savage 17’s, S&W’s. Last Spring, RK Guns had a Rossi 22 on sale for 99 bucks. I checked reviews and they were overwhelmingly positive so I bought one. WOW! It turned out to be a wonderful shooter! It it a fine piece of machine work and beautiful wooden stock? He’ll no, but it is a great shooter. It is accurate, so far I never had a failure and it’s light. I liked it so much I bought a second one for plinking with the lil’ Buckaroo’s that visit. They now sell for 119 bucks. So, if you have a grandkid or niece/nephew who wants to learn sport shooting, or you just want an extra 22 to leave in the pickup, may I suggest this... if you have a Rural King store not far away.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Had one RossI in my life time. It was a 20ga double barrel ( 20 inch barrels ) shotgun with rabbit ear hammers. It was a really nice weapon and made extremely well. That shotgun rode many a mile with me in a patrol car and answered several bar fights and shootings. The shootings were done by the idiots , I never had to fire a shot. If the looks of that shotgun did not get attention it did when it made it's presence known. It demanded attention when those rabbit ears were pulled back and clicked into position.

Off duty hours it was a good Duck and Quail gun.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Had one RossI in my life time. It was a 20ga double barrel ( 20 inch barrels ) shotgun with rabbit ear hammers. It was a really nice weapon and made extremely well. That shotgun rode many a mile with me in a patrol car and answered several bar fights and shootings. The shootings were done by the idiots , I never had to fire a shot. If the looks of that shotgun did not get attention it did when it made it's presence known. It demanded attention when those rabbit ears were pulled back and clicked into position.

Off duty hours it was a good Duck and Quail gun.

Yah Chuckles, my favorite all around gun is the shotgun. Seen a TV show awhile ago that the shotgun is the real gun that won the west. Most people heading West had shotguns. It could put a rabbit in the pot, as well as a deer on a spit using buckshot. It also worked well keeping the bad guys away.
Nothing like staring down the barrel of a shotgun.