Grandson's Boat | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

Grandson's Boat

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
Thanks.:)

May be my favorite for lots of reasons. Unfortunately due to an unforeseen storage problem, the boat developed some soft spots and was not safe to use. The finish survived, so it lives on as a display in a restaurant.

texastom

Jul 29, 2013
Dallas
Hi Beekeeper, that's kind of cool that the boat lives forever were hundreds of people can enjoy it. Off topic, but I'm curious, what is purpose of the curved screen(?) in this pic?
Curved screen.jpg

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
Hi Beekeeper, that's kind of cool that the boat lives forever were hundreds of people can enjoy it. Off topic, but I'm curious, what is purpose of the curved screen(?) in this pic?
View attachment 805

House was designed and built before air conditioning. Curved screen for a "curved " window. It is not really curved but actually rotates on pins mounted in the middle of each side. Pull down (inward) on the top and the bottom rotates out. Actually works better than a window that slides or raises because it is located over the kitchen sink. Pull top down to open. Push up to close. I usually don't like changes, but A/C is one change I embraced big time.

Last edited: