Freedom Rigged | SouthernPaddler.com

Freedom Rigged

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
I just got thru with all the minor stuff hatches tiedowns ready to go put her in the water for a good shake down cruise and its raining cats and dogs. oh well be plenty of water when it stops.
Ron
IM001219.jpg

IM001215.jpg

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Jack
I promise I'll do that. It has been crazy here this year lot of rain an flooding ,not normal Texas weather, I think the drought is broken here anyway. I want to get some miles on new yak sort of a shakedown see what it will do.
Ron

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
A few day trips, then a weekend camping trip, then a week-long expedition? A small lake (600-800 acres) is an easy place for me to get to. Jet skiers ruin the lake for peace & quiet; sail boats add grace & beauty. I slip into the shallow end where sediment etc. stack up, watch turtles etc. Katie feeds the bluegills.

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Jack
Your reading my mind THAT SHOULD SCARE YOU
I am lucky there are a lot of big lakes here so I have several small ones that get no traffic and one that if boat is on trailer you cant get in (smile)
Brazos river is five miles from me limited access and when its low an airboat is only pb that will go.
We have a nice 36 mile run from Waco to Marlin where I live , that has no access in between and several 5 to 15 mile runs the same way.
I will start on some of those runs and the biggie is from here to the coast 357 miles I am not sure if I will do it in one trip or several.
I looked at a lot of plans and that was the reason I picked the Freedom
it seemed well suited for this trip. We will see.
Ron

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I have a good size lake not far from me (actually a couple of them) back in the woods and the only way in is with a narrow , shallow daft boat like a canoe or pirogue. One lake you have to tote your boat about a mile to get to it. We don't portage ... we tote our boats.:lol:

When I am on it the lake is mine and the fishing is out of this world , the wildlife is exceptional since the stink boat crowd can't get in to them. Camping on the shore of it you will see Deer , Turkeys , Otters , all sorts of wildlife including Bob Cats.

It is my little piece of heaven here in the land of confusion , noise and theam parks (Tourist Traps).

Chuck.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Ron, That is a sweet looking boat. I really like the cockpit size. I have a touch of rumatiz in the knees and it makes it a little tough getting in and out sometimes after sitting too long. I had to give my daughter a kayak with a small cockpit. After sitting too long in it, the knees got real bad stiff. Next kayak will have a cockpit the size you made this one. Great job on that boat. Be proud!

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
Hey tx rat boat looks good. Yea I seen weather today looks like you guys are getting alot of rain. Got to have it though to keep rivers from drying up. :) Send some our way.

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Well Ren,
After building it and paddling around between T-storms what do you think of it. Does it fall short, meet, or exceede your expectations. Probabally the most important, how did you like the journey?
Sho is a purty boat.
Bob