For you Bald Cypress.... | SouthernPaddler.com

For you Bald Cypress....

bluegrasslover

Feb 18, 2009
Willow Springs, NC
a Bald Cypress said:
Man, y'all better get some dirt in that boat. Soon as the sun hits that white y'alls gonna be blinded. 8)

Bald Cypress, is this better? :D 4th time out on the boat tonight and I push off the bottom in some shallow water and brought up a big pile of stinky mud on the paddle. I'm really liking the bright inside and am glad I used a bright color. This picture was taken at 8:52pm with my cell phone I can easily see everything in the boat, especially the mud.

061409_205100.jpg

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
bluegrasslover
Don't take long to dirty up pretty paint. Takes a lot longer to paint them. Nice boat. What were you fishing for? Any luck?

bearridge
Did I post something on this topic? Not sure what you mean. :? I knew I would get every thing messed up.

beekeeper

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend beekeeper,

Sometimes geezers dont read real careful. I see now it wuz Greg wearin' a fine pair of black Crocs on hiz feet. On the Brazos trip when the wind blowed the tents down, broke Darrell's camera 'n broke off the rod holders on ('n knocked two big holes in) Ron's "half track kayak", it also blew both my shoes away. [Black Crocs jest like the ones Greg haz on in that pichur] Darrell found one bout 30 yards away frum my tent (which wuz half standin'), but the other likely blew off inta the river.....'er washed away frum all the rain that soaked all our gear purty dang good that dark 'n stormy nite.

A heap of us been confused long before ya showed up......but ya seem ta fit rite in like a round peg that somebody glassed onta a square hole. [chuckle]

sorry fer that
bearridge

....wanna see me pull a rabbit outta my stylish hat [grin]

Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress.  But I repeat myself.  Mark Twain

bluegrasslover

Feb 18, 2009
Willow Springs, NC
beekeeper said:
bluegrasslover
Don't take long to dirty up pretty paint. Takes a lot longer to paint them. Nice boat. What were you fishing for? Any luck?
beekeeper

Bass. I caught a 3lb and a dink last night. It's been really hard to catch anything out there for about 3 weeks now and the 3lb was the best thing I've caught in a while.

a Bald Cypress

May 7, 2007
Northwest Louisiana
That be a good start on getting the boat in the condition it needs to be. Given a couple more months, some more dirt and scratches. Ya just might have a boat you can really be proud of. :mrgreen:

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
bearridge
Thanks for the clarification about the Crocs. My boat is a Croc model, so I could not figure what I may have done wrong this time.

bluegrasslover
Nothing wrong with a 3lb. bass. I like to catch em. :)

beekeeper

crkdltr

Mar 3, 2009
bluegrasslover,

I haven't been here in a while but I didn't realize you had finished your boat. Congrats!