FLORIDA’S BIGFOOT | SouthernPaddler.com

FLORIDA’S BIGFOOT

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
I just read about residents in Florida seeing a large “Skunk Ape”, being called Florida’s Big Foot. None of the reports cited that he was riding a fat tired bike. But . . . .

Chuck, have you been out and about again? You promised, ya know. ;-)

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Yep , when it's cold out I skip the baths ( hence the name .."Skunk Ape " ) Plus I wear that old Racoon Coat you gave me from your days back in the Roaring 20's. Heck , the stink from it would make anyone eyes water so that could also qualify for the Skunk Ape .

Funny thing , one S.A. was seen on the Tamiami Trail several years ago. A car hit it and caused a lot of damage to the vehicle but the S.A. left the scene of the accident.
Another was seen over on the West side of the state near the Green Swamp.
There are some pictures of one in the Big Cypress area. They have to be real since I was not in those areas when they were seen.
I have been in those areas ( several different times ) camping and never have seen one , sure would like to. it would beat the hell out of only photographing Gators.
They have also been reported in the Big Thicket area of Texas bordering Louisianan.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Interesting. I’ve camped all over The Great Lakes Area, and never even heard a story about one here. Of course, there were the Goat Man stories we’d tell the Boy Scouts, just before bedtime.

To date, it seems that proving or disproving Big Foot doesn’t really occur. We can believe what we want.

You looked better in that raccoon coat than I ever did. I figured it was that dark strip across your eyes that set it off so well.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
You looked better in that raccoon coat than I ever did. I figured it was that dark strip across your eyes that set it off so well.

That dark strip is my mask when I think I'm the Lone Ranger or Zorro. :cool:
Personally I believe n Big Foot , there are to many recorded sightings dating all the way back to when only Native Americans roamed this area. Plus the sightings are to wide spread , all over this planet. Every culture has some form of ancient history about them.
It's not what we know it's what we don't know. Upland Gorillas were considered a myth until proven about 100 years ago or around then.