jesup, ga.
mineandshelbysfishingtrip2010005.jpg

mineandshelbysfishingtrip2010013.jpg

mineandshelbysfishingtrip2010018.jpg

mineandshelbysfishingtrip2010017.jpg

mineandshelbysfishingtrip2010016.jpg

mineandshelbysfishingtrip2010014.jpg

mineandshelbysfishingtrip2010023.jpg

just a few pics of mine & fishing parters catch of the day. i did manage to get in one day of fishing after surgery before back to work. :wink: :D :D :lol: we caught a few specs,warmouth,brim & bass. the cypress tree stump was an old growth that was cut years ago . the 4 wheeler was our mode of transportation to our secret spot. :wink: :lol: :lol:
the firstpic i almost ran over that little fellow.

chuck don,t shoot the editer i,m learning over again how to post these things since i havent posted pics in awhile. feel free to adjust you want hurt my feelings. :wink: maybe i should have put in fishing post but it was a good trip. :lol: :D

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Catfish......
No problems , around here we take mercy on those folks who go fishing and have to return home with there bait for supper. :lol:

All joking aside , that is a nice stringer of specks , bream , bass and warmouths , my bet is they were even better looking on the plate at dinner time. That's the fun of fishing , you all had a good time , got out and away from everything for some quiet time and ended up with a good meal in the process. :D

Chuck.

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
sorry baldy chuck was right they did look & taste better on the dinner plate. :( :lol: :lol: jack i have never tried the steaming have done the baking & grilling . yea chuck we got away for the day back in the woods . it was peace & quite didn,t see another soul. :shock: :wink: :lol: :lol: our honey hole must be secluded good. thats what its all about i was going to take wife but she had been sick so she volunteered my daughter. i know she will be married soon & be gone so i better spend valuable time with her now. :wink:

she is a country red neck girl as you can tell. by the way she gets the good looks from her dad. :lol: :D i guess her mom too she is looking over my shoulder. :wink:

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Catfish, steaming is easy, just lay fillets on a steamer basket (same ones you steam vegetables on). Flavor will lack the breading and oil that you may be used to from frying. To keep spices on the fish, put fish in a plastic bag, add spices & flavoings of choice, roll up bag & place on steamer basket. Cooking this way is more forgiving than frying; you don't have to pay such close attention to it.

caddepa

Aug 27, 2003
New Jersey
That stringer of fish is more than Chuck caught in his entire life, including the exagerations :D :roll: :lol:
Good on ya, Catfish.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
caddepa said:
That stringer of fish is more than Chuck caught in his entire life, including the exagerations :D :roll: :lol:
Good on ya, Catfish.

John .....

Why did you ever say that ..... It is a load of crap. The last time I was out I got the stringer but the fish were gone. The darn thing was easy to clean and when cooked tasted just like some spaghetti. :lol:

Good thing you fish with Mac when you are down here for a fish supper or you would be eating the stringer along with me.

Welcome back from your extended trip , I trust everything went as planned and you had a great time .... Knowing you ... you did. :D :D

Chuck.

caddepa

Aug 27, 2003
New Jersey
I have been busting Chuck about his (lack of) fishing skills and feel it only fair that I relate a....

TRUE STORY:

Over the years, Chuck and I have paddled/camped on at least 6 different occasions; Only on one of those did he actually fish. I was camped at Buck Lake, FL and Chuck walked in the second day for a visit and to make sure the tender-foot Yankee was doing okay. He was carrying a rather nice fly rod with one of his personally designed and tied flies. Seems to me it was a fuzzy thing with some silver glitter.

Now, I consider myself to be a “decent” fisherman (heck, I fish 3-4 days almost every week) and had not had a hit all morning casting various soft baits for bass. In fact, I accused Chuck of setting me up on a fishless lake. After a while he must have tired of my ranting and walked down to water’s edge. He worked the fly rod until just the right amount of line was out, then set the fly down right next to a weed bed on the far side. That fly didn’t move more than a few inches when a bass exploded out of the cover and hit it with a passion. This was not a monster bass, mind you, but at least it was a fish. After releasing it, Chuck put the rod away and I have not seen him fish since.

And that’s the truth of it; may I never catch another fish as long as I live if if not.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
I have a buddy here that is similar. He keeps talking about fish he has caught. "But, Charlie", I say. "I've camped with you for over 10 years now, and never had to dirty a frying pan for a fish you caught."

And then, the excuses (reasons) start rolling.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Yep it was something else......

I packed a 2,700 cubic inch backpack with all the gear I needed and walked in to join John while he was there. Hung the hammock and he was telling me about the fish he had caught the day before but could not catch a darn thing that day.

I set up my camp with the hammock and got everything set ... After a relaxing evening with the weather getting nastier we hit the sack. That night a storm moved threw and with some hurricane type of rains and winds when we got up in the morning two trees had blown down. Right where I was going to hang the hammock but decided not to.

Well to make it short , after a breakfast and starting to walk out with John telling me the fish were shut down I took the fly rod , assembled it and made a cast which resulted in a Bass on the other end....... Brought it in and released it , took the fly rod apart and told John ... That is how you do it , one cast one fish.

I was laughing all the way while walking out to the truck , especially when I got out of earshot from John that was the luckiest thing I have ever done but a fly rod will get the fish when nothing else will. The fishing Gods were smiling on me that day. :D

That report from the trip reports........
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=248

John.... In all honesty when we walked down there to look at the lake I noticed that Bass feeding over by the far bank and weeds..... With a fly rod you can put the fly in the weeds or right next to them and move it now and then to really make the fish hit it. Either from hunger or just because he gets pi$$ed off at it sitting there and wigging now and then.
Unlike the other forms of fishing where you make a cast and have to retrieve the plug. Especially a dry fly which stays on the surface of the water where you want it and as long as you want it to.