First fish'n day this year... | SouthernPaddler.com

First fish'n day this year...

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Wow! What a nice day today after that winter! Around 70 degrees and clear. Grabbed my pole, bucket and lil' flask to drown some worms on the bank for a couple hours.
Well..... after a while, I ran out of worms. Then I saw a cottonmouth with a frog in his mouth, and frogs are good bass bait.
Knowing the snake couldn't bite me with the frog in his mouth, I grabbed him right behind the head, took the frog and put it in my bait bucket.
Now the dilemma was how to release the snake without getting bitten - I grabbed my bottle of Jack Daniels and poured a little whiskey in its
mouth. His eyes rolled back, he went limp! I released him into the lake without incident and carried on with my fishing, using the frog as bait.
A little later, I felt a nudge on my foot.. There was that damn snake with two frogs in his mouth! :wink:

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
yak we supposed to believe you caught that snake right yea. :wink: you might caught him like i would with one them good ole boat paddles. :lol: its probally more like the snake bout caught you. :lol:

yak i,m glad to hear you survied the winter . is winter over for you guys yet its spring here i hope?

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Nice here Catfish...... sunny 70 degree days and cool nights. Lots of outside jobs though. :(