Election time phone calls........... | SouthernPaddler.com

Election time phone calls...........

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Don't you just love all the phone ( vote for me ) calls you get for the primary's and now that they are over , they will get worse for the November elections.

The wife and I are registered as republican so we get calls from the Republican National Committee ( RNC ). So far in a 4 day period I have had two calls ( That I answered ). You should of seen all of them that were on the answering machine. Or should I say made the mistake of answering. :lol:

It seams that they are raising funds for the election and want donations. This sweet thing called and after explaining everything to me she wanted to know if I was going to make the same donation as last time ...... $75.00. :shock:

I informed her that it was not me that donated that much , A pause on the line and then she said "O" it was Sharon ( the wife ) that made that donation and she wanted to know if the wife and I would do it again this time and if I would match it.
WELL.....I know for a fact the wife did not make a donation of that much in fact the both of us did not donate a red penny to them. I told her ( No thank you ) she was mistaken us for someone else and that we are going to go Independent in the close future. I figured the independent part would shut them up , silly me.

Hot dog they will stop calling.......... NOT.

Today a guy calls and I screw up by answering the phone again.... He does the speech and wants to know if I am going to donate the $75.00 like last time and if the wife is going to do the same , if we are they will send an envelope for us to put the checks in. That was the straw that broke the camels back !!!!!!

I informed him of there attempted scam two days ago and the gal calling trying to convince me that we donated that amount last time , which we did not do , and I did not appreciate there lying to me about it and that they were full of CRAP , then I hung up..

If they have the nerve to call again I am going to tell them to send me a donation for answering the phone and my inconvenience caused by them.

bcwetcoast

Feb 11, 2012
I recently switched phone companies. I get phone, cable and internet through the same provider. Now the original company is phoning regularly offering me 'spectacular' deals to entice me back. Obviously never learned the term FOAD at university. (f#$% off and die).

JEM

I got one from the local Democrat support group trying to stir up "grass roots" support for the current President. I told him I didn't think I'd be voting to keep him. Caller asked, "so then you're voting for Romney?" I said "No. I'm running. Can I count on your vote?"

confusion

stuttering

then he thanked me for my time and hung up.

:lol: