Delicate bits | SouthernPaddler.com

Delicate bits

john the pom

Jul 30, 2007
Queensland
Ok now I have your attention :lol: Every now and then I'll do a bad stroke, might be a wave's fault or just lack of attention on my part. Thing is if the paddleshaft rubs against the edge of the boat at the junction of the side and deck it leaves scuff marks. Have also left marks on this corner when overtightening tie down straps when boat is on car roof. Does anyone have any ideas on a durable material, preferably thin, light, glueable/replaceable, that can be applied over this corner as a sacrificial surface?
I cheated on detailing that part of the boat I put a fairly thick black line about six or eight mms wide to cover the joint and conceal where paint ended and varnish began. (I actually used a waterproof NIKO pen :oops: but don't tell anyone on here or they might despair of me even more than they probly already do) Hey it looks quite neat, well with my eyes it does :shock:
I spose I could apply something to that bit of the paddle shaft that connects but that would mean lifting it with every stroke.
Any ideas welcome...

john the pom

Jul 30, 2007
Queensland
Hmm mebbe I was overthunking this. Electricians tape would probly do as good a job as anything ... Although I kinda was hoping that someone would say they had attached a thin brass/bronze strip that sat along the top edge of the corner and tell me how they went about fastening it.
I spose if that kind of thing isn't incorporated while building its probly a thought best left alone for the next boat. Probly will just use some tape on paddleshaft and call it a draw.