CROSMAN BENJAMIN TRAIL NP2 BENJAMIN TR NP2 177 | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

CROSMAN BENJAMIN TRAIL NP2 BENJAMIN TR NP2 177

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Chuck,
The pellet rifle companies advertise of having a High FPS rifle and achieve the high FPS with superlight pellets. That's like high voltage and no amps. All speed and no kick in the pant, plus a loud Crack when the pellet breaks the sound barrier. The Crosman Nitro.22 rifle I have fits into that category. But put a heavy pellet in it and it brings the FPS down just below 1000 fps and the pellet is sub sonic without the loud Crack so it is much quieter. That's lowering the voltage and increasing the Amps and giving a good kick in the pants, Now you have a quiet rifle. Put a suppressor on it and you have a really quiet rifle. Disclaimer: This is how I understand it. If any or all of this is incorrect Please let me know.
We also have a .25 cal Hatsan Nitro rifle that has a suppressor and it is pretty quiet but not as quiet as the Marauder.
Bob

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
I think this will be the rifle I order http://www.airgundepot.com/hatsan-torpe ... iston.html
22 cal
has gas piston
underlever so there is no barrel droop
has a good adjustable trigger
1 cocking stroke gives you 1000 ft sec
noise supressor built in
from the review it is an extremely accurate rifle.

I looked at the pcp rifles but rigging up to fill them is a whole lot more expensive than the rifle.
Same ft per second as this gun.
Any thoughts or disagreements I would like to hear.
Ron
I am still doing my research but so far this seems to be number one.

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Bob
It isnt a pump gun it is underlever cocking 22 ,just one cock stroke like the break barrels
Ron
That is the rifle in the link

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
BOB...

Ron is talking about the Hatsan Torpedo 150 Sniper Vortex , I think in the 22 cal. It , from all reports and You-tube clips I have seen it is a very good rifle and very accurate when delivering the pellet dowrange. They say 1,000 fps which would be a quiet shot.

Yes ,the alloy pellets which are light pellets will break the sound barrier in a lot of these rifles and make a loud Crack....The heavier lead pellets will not break the sound barrier , travel a little slower and deliver a bigger kick when they hit.
It's fun to be shooting the lead pellets and when no one is expecting it slip in a alloy pellet and watch the reaction when you pull the trigger. :shock:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
BOB...

Ron is talking about the Hatsan Torpedo 150 Sniper Vortex in the 22 cal.,
310YiGYSlGL.jpg

1,250 fps in the 177 cal , 1,000 fps in the 22 cal.
Yes ,the alloy pellets which are light pellets will break the sound barrier in a lot of these rifles and make a loud Crack....The heavier lead pellets will not break the sound barrier , travel a little slower and deliver a bigger kick when they hit.
It's fun to be shooting the lead pellets and when no one is expecting it slip in a alloy pellet and watch the reaction when you pull the trigger. :shock:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Ron..

If you are asking but the Benjamin Marauder it is a precharged Pneumatic Rifle.... You precharge it with compressed air from a air tank or a pump specially designed for the rifle. Then you can have about 8 shots ( 8 shot mag ) without pumping or putting any air in it or doing anything but loading a pellet and pulling the trigger.

This will explain it......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APiwXRwxOWg

One benefit of the Air Rifles that I have found , they let you bypass this mess ...... Around here if you want to fire a normal firearm you have to go to a Gun Range as either a guest or sign on as a member and pay $150.00 entrance fee and then a $10.00 a month membership fee , plus being a member of the NRA. Some of the ranges even charge a admission fee to sign on with them and one makes a person take a 4 hour instruction course before doing anything but writing out a check to them.
There is one club that charges $10.00 per visit for guests and that is where I go to check out a , new , normal firearm.

With a Air Rifle I can go out in the back yard and set up a target and sight in a gun or just have some fun plinking at a target or cans , with a good backstop.
Air Rifles , No Club memberships and fees , the ammo is a lot cheaper and a whole lot easier to find , the guns are fairly quiet and just a lot of fun to shoot. With experience and knowing the capabilities of your air rifle it can be used for hunting.

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
Chuck,
The Marauder has a magaxine but you can get 18 to 20 shots off a charge of air. You just have to reload the magazine. This rifle is very quiet. We have a scuba tank to fill it with. Pumping up to 3600 lbs. with the hand pump is a good cardio work out. Yuo need a couple of Bricks in your pocket to do it.
Bob

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
Sorry Ron,
Nathan has been shooting in the backyard at about 33 feet with open sights and was betting small cloverleafs. He said that he hasn't gotten real serious about it until he scopes it. It is now scoped but he has not shot it. I can let you know how it goes. I might even get a wild hair and try it out. Got to go to my Brother in Laws place and sight in a couple of rifles I have rescoped.
Bob

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
Here ya go Ron,
At 25 yds. I shot a 3 shot group with two in the same hole (offset just a hair off the first one) and the third was low but connected creating a figure eight. If Dead Eyed Joey had been shooting there would probably be only one hole. That Guy can shoot. Hope that helps. Sorry it took so long.
Bob