Couldn't wait any longer | SouthernPaddler.com

Couldn't wait any longer

swamprat

Aug 28, 2003
Venus Fl.
members.findmoore.net
Couldn't hold off until I got the graphite on the bottom and varnished up.
Loaded her up and took her to the river yesterday morning. To say I am pleased would be an understatement. I was a bit worried as I had never really paddled a true flat bottomed boat like this but the pirogue really performs well! For some comparison, I have a mohawk solo 14 and the pirogue paddles and tracks about like that. Maybe a little easier and definately faster than the solo. More stable than the solo for sure. I also used to have a wilderness systems tarpon 160 and the pirogue is almost as fast as the tarpon. Not quite but pretty dang close!
pirogue%20003.jpg

Took pictures after loading her up then forgot the camera at the house! Will get more on the water pics later this week.

Got back to work today and got the first coat of graphite on her. Like the newspaper skirt? :p
pirogue%20006_1.jpg

Thanks again for all the help folks. I couldn't have done it without the help of this place!
Brad

Kahuna

Aug 27, 2003
DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
BE PROUD!!!

Swamprat, What a fine looking craft. More pictures please :D I love my Pirogue. I've paddled canoes and such.. No comparison to that good old flat bottom boat. Be proud of the job you have done. 8)
Kahuna

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
swamprat said:
Took pictures after loading her up then forgot the camera at the house!
Fellas,

It iz my pleasure ta say some kind words bout our friend Brad. Ya bring a warm smile ta all the geezers who aim ta share some of the stuff they fergot. Soon az we recall...... :mrgreen:

respectfully,
bearridge
shade tree medikle clinik

Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies. Friedrich Nietzsche

Kahuna

Aug 27, 2003
DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
BE PROUD!!!

I've Tried to post this twice but I keep getting covered up by the boat picture :lol:
BE PROUD
:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Swamprat, What a fine looking craft. More pictures please :D I love my Pirogue. I've paddled canoes and such.. No comparison to that good old flat bottom boat. Be proud of the job you have done. 8)
Kahuna

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
swamprat

Sorry about you not liking your pirogue but I could have told you ........you would love it. :D
Yep, they are fun in the water, I have a kayak, canoe and the pirogues ... for fun times out on the water it is the pirogue. Just something about them, sort of like a sports car compared to a truck, one is practical and the other is fun.
The pirogue will hold all of my camping gear for a river run or camping trip.

Chuck.
PS. How about doing a short narrative and send it along with some pictures to Uncle John so he can post them on his web site. You will be in good company since a lot of us have pictures of our pirogues listed on his page.
Tell John that oldsparkey ( southernpaddler) says HI and he will be sure to post your article on the last page. :lol: :lol: :lol:

swamprat

Aug 28, 2003
Venus Fl.
members.findmoore.net
Thanks guys

Appreciate all the compliments. Now I'm hunting for my next one to build :)
Seems kind of strange coming home from work and not having anything to work on!
Chuck, I'd planned on sending pics to Uncle John just as soon as I get some on the water pictures. Been raining every afternoon so far this week.

Heres the final finished product, I swear I'm not going to find another drip or bump and sand it off and put on MORE epoxy :wink:

pirogue%20004_1.jpg