Corps of Discovery | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

Corps of Discovery

Pirogue

I was at a local watering hole the other night with a buddy. We were later joined by a friend of his who just returned from Iraq.

Of course the conversation turned to his experiences.

He told of getting a care package from a buddy from home. In it he saw a folded 6 pack carrier for Rolling rock and 2 premium adult magazines people buy for the articles. He gave one of the mags to a guy in his squad and then just thought about his buddy teasing him ith the rolling rock carton. Then he put the box, still containing something under his cot.

Later, he looked back in the box, and wrapped up was a six pack of the beer. Now he has a situation. Not allowed to have beer, he didn't know what to do. So he decides to confide in another squad leader and ask his advice.

Drink it says the squad leader. Being a self proclaimed goody two shoes, he and the other squad leader go to their Lt. and ask.

Lt. says Drink it!.

So they decide to ice it down and hide it in the truck for later. 3 men, 2 beers apeice.

Later that night, they are drinking the beer, and Jason hears foot steps on the otherside of the truck. He decides to head the person off at the pass and encounters a female soldier. Luckily he out ranks her. She asks, "What are you guys doing?" They answer nothing. SHe then says "well the only thing people do back here is drink and have s@#.

Uh, were drinking beer! Want some?

So she drinks half of a beer and then proceeds to tell them her husband is always sending her rum. The key is, take a rubbing alchohol bottle, empty it, and fill it with clear rum.

There is alwyas an angle.

A

Anonymous

Friend Pirogue,

Good'ern. I like that Eagles song too. I wuz sho glad ta see Ole Joe Walsh join up with Tim 'n them fellas.

regards,

bearridge

A

Anonymous

Friend Pirogue,

Once upon a time I remember settin' outdoors listenin' ta Tim when he wuz in Poco. I never could figger how a voice could soar like that. I wuz a big Joe Walsh fan frum back ta The James Gang. Don Henley haz a fine singin' voice. Aint many bands slam fulla singers like them Eagles.

Lemme quit less I git ta ramblin'.

regards,

bearridge

P.S. Ole Tim didnt hold back none on "Love Will Keep Us Alive". I'm sho glad he done that one. If he hadnt, there likely woulda been a hole in hiz life.