choices | SouthernPaddler.com

choices

kokomoslow

May 1, 2012
I really enjoyed building a pirogue. Now its on to a canoe for a winter project. been doing some research and was looking at 1) The Wee Lassie 2) Wee Lassie Two 3)Wee Robbie 4)Rob Roy 5)Wee Vera. I'm 220# and 5' 8" 63 yrs. Any ideas???? I have lots of time as its still May

kokomoslow

May 1, 2012
I don't have a problem about building one, I have been building things with wood for forty years. I just was wondering if anyone had more input on the style as I like them all and I would like it to be as lite as I can get it without sacrificing strength. Oh come on Old Sparky you must have a opinion !!! Lol

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
kokomoslow said:
Oh come on Old Sparky you must have a opinion !!! Lol

:lol: :lol: :lol: Everyone has at lease one opinion , sometimes more. :oops:

I found the canoe that I like and it only took about 60 years and a lot of canoes to locate it. I made it in 2008.
The Sasquatch 14 that JEM Watercraft has.

Darn nice solo canoe , 14 feet and 30 pounds.
Q85.jpg

Here is my report on building it...........
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5355

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
kokomoslow said:
Thanks I will look in to it. Looks very nice. Any other ideas????

Loads of them but they do not have anything to do with boats. :lol:

By the way I am 6 one and 214 ( was 230 but have lost some :D ) the Sasquatch will take myself and all of my camping gear and chow for a overnight or extended trip without any problems.

Just remember ..... Canoes ( Boats ) are like cars or trucks , not everyone drives a Ford since all of us have different likes and dislikes.

Chuck.