canoe fever | SouthernPaddler.com

canoe fever

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
was sent home early do to some major electrical problems at work. it has been raining here all day but wanted to go canoeing and camping so bad when i got home i was chomping at the bit.decided to wait miss debbie out atleast until tommorrow.also don,t know when i will be calledback in to work? don,t know about the camping part but may have to go paddling at least a short trip tommorrow in the rain. :D :lol:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
If Debby is still getting you guys wet you will not need the sun block. Sometimes paddling in the rain can be fun , a swim suit and a good hat will equal some cool paddling.
Without the thunder and lighting it can be fun on the water in a rain. Plus , sometimes it makes the fish feed and that always adds to the fun.
Speaking of feeding I am sure when Debby moves on then the Swamp Angles ( skeeters ) will be out and biting. :roll:

Chuck.

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
[img
IM000506.jpg
][/img]
IM000507.jpg

IM000509.jpg

IM000510.jpg

IM000511.jpg

IM000512.jpg

IM000513.jpg

IM000515.jpg

IM000516.jpg

the first three pics are of an old river the forth one is coming into the altamaha the 5th one is a secret spot i pulled my canoe into where i caught the specimins. the last pics is of an old cypress i found in a dead lake notice it was cut down by an ax

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
dang k jack how did you guess that right? 8) :roll: :shock: :eek: :mrgreen:
bear buddy yea it is an old one i would like to float it out of there. they are a few back in the lakes and sloughs way back like that. it would make some pretty boards i guess our buddys over in the bayou contry like to have it? :wink: :lol: :lol:

seedtick

Jul 22, 2006
Denham Springs, LA
Always interested in old cypress

Finding is easy, getting it out is where the work is

If you're lucky it will float, unfortunately you won't find out until you get it in deep water