Breakfast Casserole | SouthernPaddler.com

Breakfast Casserole

deanac24

Mar 25, 2007
NH
Ingredients:
2 cartons Egg Substitute (approx. 10 oz. each).
1 can evaporated milk (low fat or fat free).
Low fat sausage (such as Jimmy Dean's 50% less fat). You can also use a little bacon or both.
6-7 slices bread (any kind).
1 - 1 1/2 cup Low fat shredded cheddar cheese.
1-2 tsp. dry mustard.
Any vegetables like onions or mushrooms (sauteed
with sausage).
salt and pepper to taste.
dash or two of cayenne pepper.

How to Prepare:
Spray a 9x13 pan with Pam or brush with melted butter (for camping I use the Glad Oven Ware pans that are disposable). Tear bread up into small pieces and put in bottom of pan. Cook sausage, breaking it up while cooking it and put on top of bread in bottom of pan. In a bowl, mix eggs with milk and spices and cheese. Pour over bread and sausage. Cover and leave in refrigerator or ice chest for 24 hours.

This can be cooked in a camper oven, on a camping stove, or on a barbeque (Careful if using plastic oven ware, it can melt). If cooked in an oven, cook on 350 degree for 40-50 minutes. If cooked on barbeque or camp stove, just keep checking and cook until eggs appear done all the way through, especially in the middle of casserole.

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
chuck you should take some dem dere lima beans & cabbage on the glade trip. yum yum . just tell the other geezers to put an extra stake on tent . :lol: (cat)

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I have Black Eye Peas , Rice and Ham with a little onion to make me some Hopping John for supper a couple of nights. :D

Oldyaker said he is bringing some cabbage to make slaw from to have with the fish and baked beans. Providing the fish want to come to dinner.

Chuck.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
oldsparkey said:
... Oldyaker said he is bringing some cabbage to make slaw
I went shopping today, couldn't find cabbage. Have to hit Kroger's for it.

Shredded cabbage, few carrot bits, sliced onions, extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), lemon juice, grated Romano cheese. JARVIS good eatin'!