another possible attack on gun rights | SouthernPaddler.com

another possible attack on gun rights

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
I came across this little tidbit of info.
"An airgun is a quirky weapon. Even although it is classified as an airgun, most high powered pellet guns are actually firearms due to the explosion of oils in their chambers that may contribute up to 45% of total power. In this regard, the article argues that current legislation poses a threat to the environment and humans."

This is from an article on gun ownership in South Africa. Yeah, I know it's Africa, but gun control freaks never sleep and find new ways to keep ALL guns out of civilian hands.

Even if it's bogus information( which I think it is), facts don't factor into arguments by gun-banning liberals.

Joey

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Forget the facts, look at the seriousness of the charges. If that owl had not shown up so we could stop the logging up in the northwest we would have had to genetically engineered one. we need to ban assult rifles so the drug cartels in Mexico can't get guns. We need to live like man did during the stone age so we can save the planet.
Liberals have always used bogus facts, logic, and sientific sounding terms to further their cause. I've just got myself so pi$$ed off typing this I don't remember where I was going with this. :evil: :evil: Ya'l go ahead and take this whereever you want to. Knowing yall, it will probally wind up in a good place anyway. Think I'll go mix some fermented potatoes up with some fake orange juice. :?
Bob

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I'm still getting that air rifle that throw's a pellet out at 1,100 feet per sec. 500 Pellets are a lot less then 500 rounds of an explosive item plus the 22 cal pellets take up a lot less space to store and can furnish supper if things get bad.

Already have a few 177 ones and a couple of the 22 but one more 22 will not hurt matters for some serious supper getting . :D
Fur ... a 22 , Feathers a 177 , either way a good meal. :D I'm sure I can put down a 20 pound turkey with either caliber and with the 22 anything I would shoot with a rim fire since it has plenty of take down smack to it , if placed right. A scope helps a lot in that. Only taking the good close shots , not the what if's ones. Tree Rat ( with it's running lights destroyed) stew anyone ?

I'm talking about a quick kill here since nothing needs to suffer or be lost ........so here is a ...What if thought.

Something else to think about ... Some folk use bow an arrows or blowguns to deliver a arrow or dart to the target. If push comes to shove a dart can be used in a air rifle , just like a blowgun that the Cherokees used for years to get there meat. The air rifle would nave a lot stronger breath. :wink:
After all what is an air rifle but a modern day version of the blow gun ( A child's toy by today's way of thinking) Just don't let the idiots out there know that. Thar's more then one way to skin the neighbors cat. :roll:

Chuck.
Besides this way there is no powder needed , explosive items , smokeless or black powder ( which will end up being controlled ) or reports to the Gov about the purchase.

gbinga

Nov 7, 2008
Hoschton, GA
With a spring piston air rifle - a high powered one, which would include anything that approaches 1000fps, lubricating oil can detonate in the chamber. They call it dieseling, which makes sense, 'cause the sudden high compression of air when the spring piston comes forward generates enough heat to detonate the oil.

So far as I know this is not a positive thing, it is something you try to avoid. Beyond the fact that it might damage piston seals, you wouldn't get good accuracy unless you had the exact same charge of oil in the chamber every time.

From what I've seen, air rifle suppliers steer you towards "non-dieseling" lubricants to keep this from happening.

None of this happens with a CO2 gun, or with a pump-up pneumatic or a pre-charged pneumatic, because you are releasing compressed gas suddenly, rather than compressing gas suddenly.

So I'd say the reasoning that air guns are really firearms due to dieseling in spring piston rifles is hooey.

But then most gun control is hooey, so that ain't a big surprise, is it? :?

George

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
gbinga said:
But then most gun control is hooey, so that ain't a big surprise, is it?
Ever dang bit of it iz hooey. It iz fer folks who dont figger self defense iz a right all people have, no matter what any king, sultan, president, chairman 'er law sez.

regards
bearridge

It aint what ya dont know that hurts ya.  What really puts a hurtin' on ya iz what ya knows fer sho, that jest aint so. Uncle Remus

a Bald Cypress

May 7, 2007
Northwest Louisiana
A LITTLE GUN HISTORY

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. >From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
------------------------------

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and
exterminated.

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
---- ------------- -------------

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000
Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------------

Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.

It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own Government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars. The first year results are now in:

List of 7 items:

Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent.

Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent.

Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)!

In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent. Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the
criminals did not, and criminals still possess their guns!

While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.

There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the ELDERLY. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort, and expense was expended in successfully ridding Australian society of guns. The Australian experience and the other historical facts above prove it.

You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information.

Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.

Take note my fellow Americans, before it's too late!

The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind them of this history lesson.

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

NOTE: I obtained this info from another persons posting on another site. He did not post his real name so I will give credit to his nic. Thank you Smart Bob.

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
Very sobering facts when seen all together like that. How can anyone with a nickle's worth of brains , look at those figures and not see a pattern? I've heard people say that could never happen in America. I remind them of the virtual extermination of the Native Americans , the inhumane idea of ownership of a person(slavery) and the fact that the goverment declared war on it's own people (yes , THAT Civil War) which led to the death of 800,000 Americans.