12 truths of getting old... | SouthernPaddler.com

12 truths of getting old...

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
#Talk to yourself, because there are times you need expert advice.
#2 - Consider "In Style" to be the clothes that still fit.
#3 - You don't need anger management. You need people to stop pissing you off.
#4 - Your people skills are just fine. It's your tolerance for idiots that needs work.
#5 - The biggest lie you tell yourself is, "I don't need to write that down. I'll remember it."
#6 - These days, "on time" is when you get there.
#7 - Even duct tape can't fix stupid - but it sure does muffle the sound.
#8 - Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could put ourselves in the dryer for ten minutes,
then come out wrinkle-free and three sizes smaller?
#9 - Lately, You've noticed people your age are so much older than you
#10 - You thought growing old would take longer.
#11 - Aging sure has slowed you down, but it hasn't shut you up.
#12 - You still haven't learned to act your age, and hope you never will.

And one more: So you know you are growing old when "one for the road" means taking a pee before you leave the house.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
We reach an age where we no longer try to hide our age, but are now proud of it.
Aging includes adapting. Sometimes it isn't us changing as planed. It's realizing that, somehow, change has akready occurred without our notice. And it's - NOW what do I do??!!

Adapt.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
A couple of years ago I read an interesting book, "The No Asshole Rule" It lays out definitions of typical behaviors, and how they can ruin a group. I recommend it it.

When we worked, we had to associate with a defined group and audience. In retirement we don't. I comment daily about how lucky I am to be amidst a group of such good friends. Fact is, the definition of good luck, is "when preparation meets opportunity" .