Water filtration kit | SouthernPaddler.com

Water filtration kit

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
A surprising, and disappointing, thing to me on the TV shows where folks are practicing survival in the outback, is that they never take any water treatment or filtration gear. A knife and water cleanung gear seem the two, most basic items. Fire starter and compass next. Opinions will vary on priorities, and situations would obviously chanfe priorities.

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Jack
I agree with your list but in a different sequence
Knife
ability to make a fire--------with fire I can purify my water supply
compass getting back to a safe place is necessary in most stuiations
water purification
Like they say opions are like a$$ everyone has one.
Ron
Good list Jack

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
I can make a container out of a lot of things in the wild bark,hollow out a bowl from wood ,right shaped rock mud if I have water.
Ron

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
KY Jack you been watching to many of dem shows. :roll: :lol: they don't show or tell everything on them shows either. yea I would like to see some of them dumped out in real wilderness/cold and see how they really survive on what they have. :( :shock: you forgot T Rat is a mcgiver :lol: :mrgreen: I guess its called improvising?

I agree with both of you , you can do a lot of things with a knife and fire would be an essential in a lot of circumstances.
the first thing that would be on my list is a little common sense. something a lot of people don't have :( :shock: I believe most of us geezers on here have at least a little bit of that and could survive in a bad situation if needed. oh yea forgot this one remain calm