thanksgiving hunt | SouthernPaddler.com

thanksgiving hunt

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
went hunting with a friend of mine yesterday and today . seen three hogs 1 deer . got a really good barbecuing size gilt. couldn,t get a shot at the deer too far with my old scatter gun. :( his step son killed a doe that i happened to find . beings they already had some vension in the freeze he gave all to me for helping skin and dress. :D pretty good i guess and i didn,t even fire a shot. :mrgreen:

also stayed on the river was alittle bit cool last 2 nights. sure was peaceful and quite. sorry i didn,t take no pics this time.

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Well Catfish,
Sounds like you had a good two days. Thankgiving day the only hunting I did was for a place to lay down. And I forgot to ware my eating britches that has the elastic in them.
Bob

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I killed a part of the day out in the Jeep. Had time to burn since there was a nice Beef Roast in the crock pot , decided to have something different for Thanksgiving.
Went into the back country and when I decided it was time to leave , coming out I had a bunch of Wild Turkeys run , some flew , across the path in front of the vehicle. If I would not of stopped I could of had one if not a couple more for dinner. Those turkeys were not over 4 feet from the front of the vehicle.
They were some nice ones , beards hanging down and really some plump fellows , would of made a good meal with lots of gravy for the dressing.
I have an idea why they were so plump , looking around I located where someone cleaned a deer and it's stomach contents were full of corn. My guess is the turkeys found the same spot. Just a few yards from the deer remains were two hog skins with the heads attached. Same story on the contents of there stomachs.
Someone or someone's filled there freezers the day before I was there.

Chuck.........
PS. There were no corn fields in that area or anywhere close to it. :roll: