swedish log candle | SouthernPaddler.com

swedish log candle

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
sharpening my jackknife here, outside scrounging for dry log of 18" diameter, going back inside to eat a piece of pie and have a cuppa coffee with it, resharpening knife, John Wayne movie on - will hunt for log later. maybe a practice nap, bzzz ZZzz ZORK! what? supper time? But, I gotta go get a Finish candle, or a Scandinavian light bulb, or ... what's for supper? Steak, ehh. Maybe that Norwegian flash bulb will still be there tomorrow. LET'S EAT!

Reactions: FrankAS

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Joey....

The fun of a campfire is watching the different ways everyone has to add wood or poke around in it to make it just right. This would be a good one for a fire to sit around but I can see some problems when trying to cook steaks over it or potatoes in tin foil.

One small fire for cooking and then the nightly log for sitting around and sharing the truth. OK , One for sitting around and doing what comes normally , tons of B.S.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
I think this is for a sittin' around and dreaming/farting/sipping single malt/telling true stories-type fire. It isn't configured for cooking at all. This is like watching waves or clouds - our minds may drift like a breeze around this fire, ehh?

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
Yeah, I like pokin' in the fire, too. I'm figuring this could be used in addition to the main campfire. Maybe one or two around the perimeter instead using batteries or fuel in a lamp of some kind. 3-4 hours of burning with no tending. That's pretty dang efficient.

Joey